Bombers sign Daven Bush...almost official

...Seems the Bombers have secured the services of an excellent DB.....one the Esks. were coveting..just about official ...Word in the Peg is that Taman offered Bush a lot more than he was offering Samuels...guess he thinks a lot more of Bush than re-signing the Bomber free agent...we'll see.... :roll:

[url=http://www.ourbombers.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=7250]http://www.ourbombers.com/messageboard/ ... php?t=7250[/url]

Bombers look 'great': new halfback Bush

Sun Feb 18 2007

By Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press

THE Winnipeg Blue Bombers didn't wait long to fill the void in their secondary left by the departure of Stanford Samuels.

And they sure didn't have to look too far.

The Bombers have signed defensive halfback Davin Bush (5-foot-8, 165; Central Florida), a capable and consistent member of the Saskatchewan Roughriders' air defence over the past six years.

"The Blue Bombers are a great team," said Bush Saturday from Florida. "I thought they were just a few plays away from going to the championship game.

"It's a plus for me to go there. It's a good team and so there won't be a lot of pressure on me to go in there. I can just do what I do: make plays. They already have a good defence and they play the same kind of defence as Saskatchewan."

Bush has missed just three games in the last four years and can play both corner and halfback. Many Bomber fans remember him being scorched by Milt Stegall, but that was the lowlight in what has been a solid career.
Click here to find out more!
"He got burned by Milt in that one game, but ever since then he's become a very consistent player," said Bomber GM Brendan Taman. "I tried to get him two years ago when he was free."

Ironically, Bush and Samuels are both from Davie, Fla. and have known each other for years. Bush is 29 while Samuels is 26.

"That is weird how it ended up," said Bush. "But the way I look at it, it's just business."

MORE ANGER: Mike Abou-Mechrek wanted to finish his career in Southern Ontario. Instead, he's headed further west from Winnipeg to Saskatchewan.

"I've never made it a secret that I wanted to play in either Toronto or Hamilton," said Abou-Mechrek.

"I'm less than 25 minutes from Ivor Wynne Stadium and the Argos practise at the end of my street and you hang a left. But I've been snubbed by these two teams for nine years now. They're my new Montreal. I never wanted Montreal to ever win a game... now Hamilton and Toronto are my new Montreal."

LEFTOVERS: Taman has spoken to the agent for free agent LB Ike Charlton and the two parties will continue talks. Winnipeg has also made inquiries about Calgary DB Pascal Masson, although he is said to be leaning toward the Alouettes.

ed.tait@freepress.mb.ca

This is Awful What are the Ticats Doing

What are the Riders Doing!?!?!? :x

haha ti-cat fans you guyz are mad that you didnt get any of these guyz but the riders LOST both these guyz!!!!!!!!!now that gota hurt....i think the riders should of made a pitch at stanford samuels...