Bombers sign Bret Cameron

.....IF he can punt like his dad (i hear he's got quite a leg) then we could have a real fight in tc., for the kicking duties with Renaud....Nice to have local guys getting a look...I wished we would have had a chance at Andrew Harris BUT that's the way the ol cookie crumbles.. I know Cameron was on the ti-cats neg. list...Guess there' s been some devolpments behind the scenes :roll:

Saw this posted at OB:

Undrafted, Cameron had been on Hamilton’s negotiation list.

Knowing his old team was interested in his son, Bob Cameron approached the Tiger-Cats and they agreed to release him, freeing him up for Bomber training camp, where he’ll compete with incumbent Mike Renaud.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/03/06/bombers-sign-legends-son-punter-brett-cameron-son-of-bob-cameron

I like this signing.

Good on Bob…the consumate professional… I wonder if Cameron ‘the elder’ promised Austin he’d do some reno work for him :lol: I like this signing as well blueblood… :thup:

He was on Hamilton's neg. list?
I wonder how serious we were about bringing him up here.Personally i'm happy with the progression of our Aussie punter Josh Bartel.
Let me know how the TC battle goes

He was on Hamilton's neg. list?
I wonder how serious we were about bringing him up here.Personally i'm happy with the progression of our Aussie punter Josh Bartel.
Let me know how the TC battle goes

played against him alot in my football playing days he was really good then can only imagine his leg strength now he was kicking.

kicked i believe a 35 maybe a 40 yarder against us in a championship game when i was 14 and that was a cold late october game so ya he's pretty good