Bombers sign 2021 Draft pick OL Liam Dobson

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed Canadian offensive lineman and 2021 third overall CFL Draft pick Liam Dobson to a two-year contract.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/05/20/bombers-sign-2021-draft-pick-ol-liam-dobson/

I have read a lot of posts questioning the Bombers O Line this year. That would be the O Line with 3 returning all stars. Having Dobson back and with Desjarlais possibly returning, I would say that’s almost unfair if I wasn’t a Bomber fan.

2 Likes

Totally unfair. We should be feeling as guilty as the lucky hound who snuck grandma's meatloaf under the table.

2 Likes

This is huge! I've been pumping his tires all offseason, and was disappointed when it was said he'll play XFL.
With him back, I feel he'll fill DD's spot just fine. Likely he'll follow very similar route, and be NFL bound within a couple years.
Best Lines (O&D) yet again. Suck it haters!

2 Likes

'Suck it haters' could be it's own thread.

Even though we may ALREADY have the best offensive line it's still a work in progress. Kyle Walters has given O'Shea a lot of new talent (we'll measure it in tons) to sort through. Don't be surprised if the finished hogs we wind up for game one have at least one new American Tackle as part of Kyle Walter's plan to keep the team young.

1 Like

I'm all for getting younger, but we should hope we don't need a new tackle as Bryant & Hardrick got those locked up. With Dobson back, I think the odds of starting 3 Imports are slim now.

2 Likes

They might look at the possibility that Stanley Bryant at age 36 might be getting a wee bit long in the tooth, past his expirary date, ready for the stud farm, off warranty, grey in the nether regions, wrinkly all over (I could go on and on so for gawd sakes somebody stop me)...

1 Like

Ladies, ladies. I haven't seen anyone this excited since my niece found out Bieber is coming to TO this June. :grin::sweat_smile: So Liam is filling DD's spot? How soon you forget Gray was a #3 ranked guy in his 2017 draft year. Dobson's a prospect, that's all. As for Drew Desjarlais - one of the best. If he's 70% as good, be happy. As one in the business said, a top 3-5 guy in the CFL left.

If I could have any three interior Canadian offensive linemen in the CFL, I’d pick (Hamilton’s Brandon) Revenberg, (Ottawa’s Mark) Korte, and (Winnipeg’s Drew) Desjarlais

Eventual replacement for Neufeld, sure, maybe even this year. The Bombers need to get a little younger on OL. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I'm sure that Kyle Walters got right on it last winter. "Did you say 'yutes'?" He asked during his post Grey Cup de-briefing with O'Shea.

Then like magic a small army of really big guys showed up in camp this year. :grin:

Well, there you go Maaax, Dobson pushes Gray to RG on #1's, bye bye Neufeld. Good backup support though if it stays that way. :astonished: (That small army you're looking at must be your DB's - every 4th player out there. They're not that big). :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I feel Dobson is already at Gray's level. He is cut from the same cloth that DD was, and you are lucky they both weren't on the same line, or your Riders might throw some more hissy fits!
You're under selling (2021 all star) Neufeld. At any rate, our depth is not a worry when you have Neuf/Dobson/Gray for 2 guard spots.

2 Likes