Bombers shine in front of capacity crowd at IG Field

WINNIPEG — It was the biggest crowd that Canada has seen since the world came to a stop almost 17 months ago.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/08/06/bombers-shine-front-capacity-crowd-ig-field/
1 Like

I'm not sure the world came to a stop but the Big Blue kept their win streak spinning along at 5 games with Collaros at the controls and a punishing defensive effort. Willie Jefferson's interception changed the complexion of the game and Olliveira rambled for the century mark to seel the win. Not sure why the coaches and refs needed masks especially in the spotters box when everyone else was bare faced. I guess it makes good theatre. Go Blue.

Yes but it's probably the CFL rule since not every player or coach is vaxxed.
But all the fans were vaxxed.

1 Like

Everybody wants to be seen doing 'the right thing' but it was pretty much of a joke wasn't it?

Did you watch the TSN telecast? The 4 ads on the field during play. That was pretty much a joke. Felt like I was in the back row of the upper deck. They really need to have better people calling the shots at Trash Sports Network.

1 Like

TSN has a history of problems with both their virtual ads & previously with the virtual scrimmage & first down lines. I just view it as extra entertainment, but it can be annoying when things start jerking all over the place.

1 Like

Just Wondering if all the Fans were vaccinated if that is going to happen at all the stadiums and if the requirement is both shots or will 1 be enough to get you in? What happened to those fans who did not get the Vaccine? Were they turned away ? Did they get a refund? Anyone know for sure of those questions ?

Each province different rules. Don't know if the three Ontario teams will require proof of vaccine. It is likely that the capacity will be increased next week when Ontario enters Stage 4.
Getting into a stadium and not wearing a mask is a good incentive to the unvaxxed.

Don't know what happened last night, they announced a sell out but don't know if anyone was turned away. If you bought a ticket knowing that you needed to be vaxxed I assume you wouldn't get a refund

1 Like

That new RB reminds me of harris. Harris could be out of a job

1 Like

You had to show proof of being fully vaxed. Don't know if anyone was turned away.

1 Like

Out of a job, I doubt it but nice to have depth, put two RB's in the backfield, then watch your opponent sweat. Kinda like having Streveler at QB again.

2 Likes

I was amazed at how they controlled the clock in the 4th quarter. With both Harris and Oliveira, this means that teams playing the Bombers are going to have a very hard time catching up in the 4th if down by say 16 or more in the mid-3rd quarter.

I don't see that happening unless the Bombers turn it over. And like last night they simply add a short field goal after using all that clock.

Of course Rod Black is right when he chimes off with extra glee, "NO LEAD IS SAFE!" I can't wait to hear him say it again for old time's sake too.

1 Like

[quote="Paolo_X, post:12, topic:72109"]
...ombers are going to have a very hard time catching up in the 4th if down by say 16 or more in the mid-3rd quarter.I don't see that happening unless the Bombers turn it over. And like last night they simply add a short field goal after using all that clock.Of course Rod Black is right when he chimes off with extra glee, "NO LEAD IS SAFE!" I can't wait to hear him say it again for old time's sake too.

Remember we still have Jonathan Augustine, a triple threat.

Right on Winnipeg!! So glad to have cfl back.

Winnipeg, you aren't so bad

2 Likes

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Riders are my favorite team to hate, with respect.
Good luck, I'm have to cheer for BC