Bombers Shake Up Roster With Injuries and So On!!

RELEASED RECENTLY:
Ike Charlton (LB) ----- Ike played good ball for us and i thank in for his contributions and i am sure the factors are clear cut, his age, he is slowing down, his salary and we have alot of young and cheaper player's ready to fill his shoes, such as: Labbe (I think he is ready to start), Courtney Smith (has played good) when on the field and is getting better each time he is on the field, Bernard Hicks is another player who shows potential and our 2010 Draft Pick Chris Smith, he is young and has a pretty big upside to him.
Doggett (LB) ---- ---- Was not going to start at LB anyways, was brought in for special teams and didn't do too much there.

INJURIES: ---- Any word on the extent of TJ Harris and Marcellus Bowman's injuries? what happened and how long are they out?

Injured ---- Buck Pierce, T.J Harris, Marcellus Bowman and Dorian Smith (by the looks of his injury he will be on the 9 game soon), but Hopkins may have taken his job anyways, time will tell.

9 Game IR --- January, Donnelly, Craver, Jules, Gallant and Cvetkovic .... we are missing January, Donnelly and Craver for sure and i hope they are ready come End of August/September.

[b]BOMBERS HAVE ADDED:[/b] Deon Beasley (DB) and Bernard Hicks (LB) to the active roster, now let's see what these two can do, Beasley is known for his speed and Great coverage, but will he play DB or was he added to the active roster as a KR/PR?

Bombers also recently added:
NI receiver David McKoy - Was a 9th overall pick by the Riders a couple years back but did fail his physical with them and was released due to knee problems, if healthy he may be a great pickup.

NI DB James Green who was drafted by the Argo's in 09 and let go this off season, picked up and released by the Esks, This guy has real talent and is a hard hitter, listed at 5'11 and 217 LBS he has huge potential and I talked with my cousin (who is an argos fan) and he told me that this guy can play and he was ticked when the Argo's released him, if he is as good as people say, we may have a keeper, my worry is he was released by 2 clubs in 1 year, was it his play? Or just a victim of rosters overloaded with DB'S? Again time will tell.

BOMBERS ALSO BROUGHT BACK ----- NI SB Scott McHenry, when i attended rookie/training camp McHenry looked pretty good to me but i guess the Bomber's seen more in Aurthur (which obviously was not the case with Authurs injuries), i look forward to seeing Scott get a shot, big guy with great hands and plays the same style as Hargreaves.

Either way i am excited about this group and i feel we have improved our roster!!!

GO BOMBERS :rockin:

I don’t know where you are getting your information regarding Dorian Smith. He’s going to be starting in Hamilton according to the FP:

GONZO ALONZO: Cut adrift by the Bombers on Thursday were DE Armond Willis, DB Donald Brown, Jr. and Canadian receiver David McKoy. LaPolice worked with McKoy during his days in Saskatchewan but it looks like a knee injury which had required surgery was still bothering him. The Bombers plucked Scott McHenry back off the Riders practice roster and he’ll be activated to play special teams Saturday in Hamilton.

Willis was made expendable with DT Dorian Smith returning to the starting lineup while Brown Jr. was made expendable because the Bombers are intrigued by Deon Beasley’s skill set. Beasley, for the record, was occasionally returning kicks at Thursday’s practice.

THE SHUFFLE: Expect Dorian Smith to start at DT over Moton Hopkins while Chris Davis starts for Terence Jeffers-Harris (ankle) and Bernard Hicks for Ike Charlton (released). The other changes will see punter Mike Renaud return (dressing for the injured Jerry-Ralph Jules), former Argo safety James Green dressing for Ian Logan (hamstring) while McHenry will replace Markus Howell (hamstring).

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/blogs/bomber_insiders/SHHHHHHHHHHHHH-100057554.html

Looks like McKoy didn’t pass the physical since he’s been released.

From kubies depth chart link,

INJURED LIST:
38 BOWMAN (1-G), 88 HOWELL (1-G), 31 LOGAN (1-G),
14 JEFFERS-HARRIS (1-G), 5 CRAVER (9-G), 50 CVETKOVIC (9-G),
55 DONNELLY (9-G), 22 GALLANT (9-G), 69 JANUARY (9-G), 29 JULES (9-G)
CHANGES TO 46-MAN ROSTER FROM LAST WEEK:
ON: 20 BEASLEY, 43 GREEN, 42 HICKS, 86 McHENRY, 4 PIERCE, 9 RENAUD, 90 SMITH
OFF: 13 BROWN, 0 CHARLTON, 88 HOWELL, 14 JEFFERS-HARRIS, 46 JOHNSON, 29 JULES, 31 LOGAN
PRACTICE ROSTER:
96 CHANDLER, 46 JOHNSON, 67 KOWALCZUK, 54 MEDDER, 89 SMITH

Well everyone is entitled to make mistakes and i was looking at the roster when i posted this and Dorian was still on the IR, my mistake. Regardless Dorian Smith adds even more depth at the DL spot and with Dorian Smith, Doug Brown, Odell Willis, Don Oramasionwu, Deji Oduwole, Phillip Hunt and Moton Hopkins. Kevin Glenn better be ready to hit the turf often on Saturday!!!

I can’t wait to see Beasley as a returner, see what he can do, Hicks is another player to watch and James Green is a very good player and should be a suitable replacement for Logan this game.

Scott McHenry is another player with size and pretty good speed and should help the special teams out.

I am NOT sad to see Donald Brown Jr. released, the guy couldn’t cover a high school receiver, the guy just plain stunk at coverage, Bye-Bye Brown Jr.!!

Yes, everyone makes mistakes. I was questioning where you got your information regarding Dorian Smith because you had posted a number of times in other threads that he was going on the 9 game IR even though there were no reports in the media to indicate that.