Bombers remain undefeated with win over Ticats in Grey Cup Rematch

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers remained undefeated with a 26-12 win over the visiting Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Friday night in a Grey Cup rematch at IG Field.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/24/bombers-remain-undefeated-with-win-over-ticats-in-grey-cup-rematch/

That was an amazing coin toss at the start of the game! We’ll never see another one like it! Well done Bombers!!! :partying_face: :anger: :boom:

2 Likes

Coin toss was interesting, it almost went into the storm water grating.
Full credit for the win for the bombers.

1 Like

Thanks Rider, but doncha know we’re just darn lucky? Lucky to be 21-1 in our last 22 at home!

2 Likes

Oh yea, we have been corrected by many fans who know the truth of all football :football:

3 Likes

Be nice. We beat a team that has the worst offensive line in the league and stubbornly refuses to fix it. It was TOO easy for our front seven last night. It’ll be too easy next time as well and frankly, I’d rather just tell the Tigercats to stay home and stop wasting our time.

They have a great defense but if they can’t move the ball it’s all for nothing.

On a positive note… we’re 3-0, still #1, getting better every game and everyone wants us dead. Just like last year. WooHoo! :partying_face:

2 Likes

It is good to be King

1 Like

Not dead, badly maimed will do, we don’t want any holes in the schedule.

3 Likes

Thanks PorkyPine. I knew you cared. :grin:

1 Like

July 09, Leos vs BB, you’re gonna be the bad guy! You too, Jon? I’ll take you all on, bring it! Seems a shame, but I only like to fight with friends, it’s safer that way. Hurry up with that maiming…please.

1 Like

Verbal fisticuffs over beers with fans yoi know for sure never take it seriously is good fun… . my moto is sarcasm lasts forever… :innocent:

2 Likes

I am nice! :smiley:

I think the win had more to do with the white jerseys frankly. :thinking:

1 Like

All those white jerseys flying past black jerseys en route to Dane Evans had something to do with it all right. :smiley:

I had a moment, just a brief moment however, where I felt sorry for Dane Evans running for his life.
The Cats D borders on vg but they were on the field far to much and it showed on pass coverage on the ling ball in the 2nd half. Zac didn’t have it easy either, took some shots that bordered on late hit category.
But, for a guy whose running ability is limited it’s uncanny how he knows when to vacate the pocket and deliver a good to great pass.
He reminds me of Russ Jackson and Ron Lancaster who were masters at that. They could also kill you by making first downs and scoring with only a minute or two left on the 4th quarter time clock. I believe it boils down to having exceptional view of the whole field and taking advantage of openings. I wonder what his I.Q. is ?

2 Likes

Maybe average. Maybe lower. Maybe higher. Lordy it seldom matters. I’ve seen really scatter-brained people do most things wrong and one thing right.

A doofus with a really high football IQ doesn’t always come with a Masters Degree.

Your right to some extent but I truly believe the greats have the ability to “see the total picture” In hockey it’s said that Gretsky, Crosby and a few others have that ability. In the original six I always remember Orr and Jean Beliveau knowing when that opening was there. As regards having the smarts, in the days when CFL players had jobs to supplement their meagre incomes, both Jackson and Lancaster had education degrees and were high school principals. I always remember Bombers Ken Neilson who had the ability to know when and how to get by D backs. He and Kenny Ploen were masters at making the long pass and catch. He was by the way… Dr Ken Neilson !
And there’s no doubt that Gretzky and Crosby have the smarts albeit they were on occasion whiners.