Bombers release DB Tyqwan Glass

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have released defensive back Tyqwan Glass.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/07/01/bombers-release-db-tyqwan-glass/

Coming together or falling apart. We'll see Monday

Thanks for coming out Tyquan and feel free to use that contract we signed to light a fire if you need to. So much for guaranteed contracts but if he would have signed a three year deal he would have been guaranteed a portion of year three.

If he was leading the league in interceptions all is good. A contract should be a contract for both sides. Bombers should be accountable for their decisions.

1 Like

That 3 year deal was meant to be broken. I thought you knew why...

Tyquan signed a 'Glass' contract.

3 Likes

And it works the same for all teams with all contracts Carlos. I know you don’t like it but there is no point in singling out the Bombers. If anything Chris Jones terminates more contracts than anyone else.

1 Like

I fully agree and he was part of D shutdown of opponents offence in three games. Blue owe him something other than a plane ticket home. Hope he latches on with a team and not T.O. or Cats but Mtl or Ottawa if in the east as they will be 1&2 before the season is out.

1 Like

Me too. I like to see our former players go onto bigger and better things.

The East is starting to worry me. They have to get better than this.

3 Likes

Glass got smoked the first game, was weak the second and average the third. We don’t see the game as closely as the coaches, but obviously they believe his replacement will be an improvement. Montreal fans said that he was burnt a lot last year as well. We tried him and it didn’t work out. We owe him nothing but I wish him all the best and hope he finds a job with another team, preferably the one we play in the Grey Cup.

1 Like

At least he got the contract ratification bonus.

1 Like

Really?
Reading this one would think that no other team has ever cut a guy.
Get real man, your agenda is as clear as Tyqwan's last name.

2 Likes

I thought he was one of their best DB's

Nope. Nicholls is by far their best, probably the best in the league.

The only guy that was burnt as much this year is Rose, but he has been playing with a bum ankle which probably explains why he hasn’t looked close to his usual all star form.

1 Like

As I thought, an article in the WPG FP today talked about how the club has been real impressed with Houston. Move had to be made to give him more time.
Glass lost his spot, plain & simple. They still said Glass is CFL talent and will likely find a place to play, just not here.
I for one am glad that my team is always looking to get younger & better.

2 Likes