Bombers produce video encouraging family friendly atmosphere

Agree with what you said Killer.

Unfortunately students do seem to be getting a lot of flack because Section S is the section that gives students a discount but, as has been said, the majority of people in the section are not students.

The endzone tickets are the cheapest in the stadium, families don't get a discount in the student section, we have had 2 solid crowds ! 27 and 28 thousand . Who is staying away ? During our 2 home games we have had a long weekend and two huge music concerts ! Come November, the west side is empty, has nothing to with the East side ! The East is always full and support the Bombers during the whole season ! Not like some of the fair weather fans on the west side ! We have a family section , section A or the endzone has whole sections of no liquor allowed !

u gotta be kidding me, the west side is empty.. u are kidding me.. i went to most games last season and honestly.. later in the year, id say the east side was more empty than the west side.

ppl saying dont sit in that section... why?cuz i might get hit with flying beer? give ur head a shake man..

people got friggin injured. whats so hard to understand about that.

like it or not, section s... ruins it for the majority.

throwing cups.. constant swearing.. yelling while the bombers are on offense..

section s NEEDS TO GROW UP.

like i said tho, seems to me most of the "students" arent the ones causing the issues, its the ones who are 40 ++ pretending to be students who are.

You’re thinking thats why games don’t sell out its the piss poor effort this teams been putting out on the field for the last 2 decades yes overall in the last 2 decades we are a .500 team but half or more than half of those years we didn’t make the playoffs… This city is like Philly bluecoller type people that if there isn’t a good product being put out we are not gonna go plain and simple. This year its been a good 1 expect the attendances to be high for the remainder of season

Just watched the video, and I'm not going to lie that's a pretty terrible video they will be showing the fans. Seems like a lot of the stadiums have a section like the one described.

ya most stadiums do.. but do most stadiums get news attention every year because of 1 section?

in wpg, its every year with section s.

its fighting one year, beating up cops one year.. throwing cups. whats next..

seriously, not hating on section s but.. they take it too far ALOt of the time.

Do you think only Winnipeg has those problems ? go see CGY EDM play and it’s like UFC . PhIladelphia has their own jail and Court IN THE STADIUM ! When you have 25 to 30 000 people in one place at one time, problems are going to happen any where !

It seems like every year at some point, SOME of the fans of one team or another cause an uproar that paints the entire crowd with a bad brush. This year its Winnipeg. Sometimes the uproar is justified. Sometimes it's not. I don't know enough about this particular uproar to judge either way.

But I do feel bad for the fans that are getting pummeled in the press and on the board. Relax, though, it will pass.

A few years ago, it happened to my beloved Riders (remember the beer bottle incident? Uproar DEFINITELY justified there) More recently, it was the Calgary fans (though they TRIED to blame the people in green, it was largely established to have been the home crowd). I live in BC, and have NEVER been to a game in the dome where I didn't witness at least two fights in the stands, and HUGE abuse of opposing fans.

My point is, this crap happens everywhere in the league. When you put that number of people (and alcohol) together, the idiots are bound to surface. Its a shame, but it is also a universal truth.

So, Bombers fans, hold your heads up, the bad PR will pass. And I promise you, at least THIS fan knows its only a few causing a lot of grief for the many.