Bombers/ New stadium opener June 27

IIRC the Bomber Store at St Vital was closed before the Jets returned because of space issues. The Bombers have had a kiosk there in the fall/winter leading up to Christmas.

Of course a team store will have much more selection as it is solely selling team product so they will naturally carry more product and more variety. Other sports stores are stocking their shelves with other teams, other leagues, maybe other equipment depending on the sports store. They won’t have the space to devote to a single team. That would hold true to any city anywhere in the world. You want the most choices, hit the team store in person or on the web.

what are some must-see or must-do things in winnipeg ( besides IGF )?
just starting to plan a trip to visit the peg this summer - catch a game against the argos or ticats.

What’s your sense of fun DG? What do you like to do? Age range?

Lots of festivals and things during the summer. Folklorama will be finishing up around the time the Ticats are in Winnipeg. The Fringe Festival will be in full swing when the Argos are here. The Forks is good and the river walk (if it's not under water).

if you come for the Ticats in August, Paul McCartney is playing at IGF on aug the 12th if you like him (or Selena Gomez on the 19th if that floats if "drummer god" is a cover for your true musical tastes :wink: ), Ticats in town on the 16th. Also there's a BBQ and blues fest at the Red River ex around the same time. There's also Goldeyes baseball games in town around the time of that August Ticats visit.

Paul McCartney would be great, as I was raised on the Beatles, but I'm sure the tickets would cost an arm and leg.

I'm 30 and the wife is 27.

What is the fringe festival?

Edit* googled it. Wife would love it and I'd hate it, so I hope she never finds out about it. Haha

According to ticketmaster, cheapest seats at $48 are sold out, some tickets remaining at $81, price including the fees (but not the taxes?) Other remaining tickets range $113-275.

Oh. That's not too bad then.
Thanks.

There can be some really funny stuff done at the Fringe Fest if you aren’t interested in anything serious so don’t count it out without checking what’s available.

Saw Paul McCartney outdoors here in Halifax two years ago. He was awesome. I’m not usually big on “older” acts but he is excellent and has a ton of material that has been updated quite well. Highly recommend to people of all ages. Even young people will appreciate the arrangements.

…I’ve always been a Beatle fan…When they first entered the music scene, I used to pick them up on weekends on CBC radio…All of us were just kids then including the Beatles…who were new talents and not well known…They had it all going on in those days …they put out some powerful stuff BUT after watching PAUL perform in the opening ceremonies of the Olympics…I thought time had finally caught-up…I don’t know whether it was the bad sound system they had or was it him…Anyway…this is far from football and I hope McCartney puts on a good show at the new venue…He certainly is a talented individual and hopefully some of that still shines through. … :thup:

How many hours does it take to drive from winnipeg to Regina? I just realized the tabbies are in Regina the same weekend I'll be in Winnipeg for the argos and bombers game. Might be worth it to continue west.

I believe it’s around six.

Or for someone from Southern Ontario - 3 days. :wink:

6 hours each way adds 12 hours to my drive. No thanks.
I'll go to Regina when they get a new stadium. I'll be sure to fly there. Lol

…I dunno…do they have an airport in Regina …I do know they’re getting a new facility, just not the fancy one they were dreamin’ about…better than Mosaic though :lol:

Interesting thing I learned today...was on the field for an event after practice this morning. Jeffrey bannon gave some info about the facility. They will be painting the entire field 3 days before every game.

Lets them do things like put a pink ribbon on the field in October etc.

They painted the field. Looks awesome. Check www.winnipegsun.com the home page has a good picture. I can't WAIT until tomorrow!!!!

Hi BB fans! You sure have a great looking stadium! Sure hope the rest of the league takes a cue and does likewise. Regina is building a new stadium as is Hamilton. I would like nothing better than to see all CFL franchises increase their capacity to accomodate sellout crowds!

We'll see you next week when my Als are in town. Here's to a great season!