Bombers @ Lions

Can’t blame the on field officials on the so called pick play. All scoring plays are reviewed in Toronto . Also the play where his knee was apparently down on the 40 was also reviewed by Toronto.

Sure you can. The replay official can’t do anything about that.

officiating has been problematic all year with some real head scratching calls - but it has been consistently bad across the board. Each team has benefited and been hurt in balance in my opinion.

I have to wonder how much of a blowout this game would have been if the Bombers offence could actually score touchdowns.
It's great that they seem to have found a kicker, but for the number of times that they were in Lions territory and came away with only a field goal says a lot imo. :expressionless:

Couldn’t agree with you more, it does get very tiresome.

Knee was down , clearly past the 40 and his arm was across the 39 . Right call was made. They explained it clearly , no issue . As for penalties , every team has gotten the short end of the stick . What about the Lions , they did nothing in the second half and allowed the game to be influenced by officiating. BC has only themselves to blame .

Happily shocked by the result...even through my Central City IPA goggles (pre game pops were just fine, thanks) it was obvious we had two really awful football teams on the field last night...one was just a bit less awful.

The atmosphere was a dead as I have ever felt at a CFL game...no life in the building whatsoever...everybody seemed to be going through the motions. Maybe because there was a Canucks game on a block away at the same time, maybe because the team has underwhelmed the fans or maybe because there were under 20k in the seats. Not sure what the official attendance was but it was lower bowl only and didn't look good. Our seats ended up being row one right behind the south send zone (first FG was scored there) and my son texted me a screen capture of my buddy and I watching...kinda funny.

Was pleasantly surprised by a Goose Island Brewing concession at BC Place so I was able to avoid the Bud Lite swill they usually force down your throat. Sad when the beer was a bigger concern than the play of the field but....it was....

I thought the penaly on Draheim may be a phantom, but after watching the replay a couple of times the TV views do not show exactly what he was doing with his left arm - so, I have to assume what we couldn’t see is where the penaly arose.

From my perspective the forward progress of the ball was 1st down regardless of where the fake punt run was ruled down.

Blown pick for sure - unless the officials are giving a very soft interruptation to a mutual accidental “collision” (but they’d call that DPI if it was a DB on a receiver).

Regardless, Lions made a couple of deadly mistakes that cost them the game.

If “illegal forward pass” was called on the Ticats’ blocked punt on Friday, then it should have also been called on the Bombers’ block. Unless I was hallucinating, the Winnipeg player batted it forward (whether accidentally or not) exactly the same way the Hamilton player did.
It would have been Bombers ball at that point, rather than a TD.

I can't believe the Lions let that one get away from them...arg!

FYI - 19,826 Lowest turnout this season.

I’m actually shocked by that, it looked like on television that the entire lower bowl was filled (then again I don’t know what the lower bowl capacity is). Certainly when Jennings was having that great first half, it sounded loud and rocking…

Has been Quoted in another thread - around 27,500 for the lower bowl.

I think TSN does camera angles as to not hit the orange and gray empty seats.
The main seats get filled. The corners and end zones are spacious .
The broadcast booth is located in the lower bowl and when the Lions are doing well, it does get load.

Not sure how they do attendence but their was a lot of free tickets floating around for that game. I think it was minor football night. Do they count at the gate or ticket sales.

As far as I know, attendance is recorded on the scanner as you enter BC Place.

Here in Calgary, McMahon is still old school. The turnstile click system.

So basicly, you could have taken every single person from GM Place and stck them into BC Place and you would still have almost 20000 empty seats..lmao

I was offered a free ticket to go. Wanted to stay home watch the Edm/Cal game plus the hockey and some baseball . It was an awesome night to stay in, have couple of wobbly pops and switch from one game to another and another and another .
That could be the reason for the low attendance, don't think I would schedule any home games in October on a Saturday night.

But when there is a roof the noise stays in the stadium, even a small crowd can sound louder than in an open stadium. They also pump in the crowd noise in most stadiums to get the actual crowd going. TSN also has a volume control and they turn up the noise to to make it sound louder for viewers.
The crowd in BMO stadium is going to sound louder next year when they put the roof over the stands.

Isn’t pumping in crowd noise against the rules?