Bombers' Lawler arrested for impaired driving

Kenny informed the team today of his arrest for operating a motor vehicle while impaired early this morning. Upon further investigation, the club has suspended Kenny for Friday’s game and has reported the incident to the league office.

Fast forward to the 2021 Grey Cup. Suitor goes on about the adversity faced by Lawler and celebrates his ability to focus.

For reference this is an automatic 3 game suspension in the NFL.

4 Likes

Yikes! What a bad decision Lawler made. There goes our top receiver. I'll bet either he or Collaros had player of the week honors in the bag. What a waste. :pleading_face:

1 Like

GC redemption story teed up.

1 Like

Bombers like their substances...

2 Likes

Obviously the copper was a rider fan. Don't worry - most crown attorney & judges in Manitoba are rabid Bomber fans. King Kenny Lawler will get off with a "stern" warning, small fine, points on his non-Manitoba license.
Other than 40 minutes of 'relaxed practice' daily plus 5 to 6 hrs prep+ game on gamedays these imports have tons of time on their hands - parties, nightclubs, restaurants, ball bunnies, etc. NO EXEMPTIONS GRANTED FOR THESE!
But Bombers and Lawler said all the "right things" - so very little should come of it.
Frankly, I'd expect more. Would you want your child or wife or mom or dad run over by a party-happy reckless speeder - regardless of whether he was a star athlete or president of the law society? Didn't think so!
Lets see how this one plays out - but I have a good idea already!

3 Likes

Ellingson got off with an easy $1500 fine for failing to provide a sample for the breathalyzer.

Must be different rules for pro athletes. Mr. Front Porch would not get off so easy.

1 Like

Ellingson was a pending free agent when his situation happened so redblacks couldn't do much. Lawler being under contract with Winnipeg a one game suspension is fair

In the NFL your suspension starts when you sign.
3 games for DUI. In the CFL "we spoke to him".

1 Like

Bomber management counting on fair-value process by provincial justice dept., crown attorneys & presiding judge. So far Bombers (and Mr. Lawler) have done all the right things) . . . . keep in mind people that have killed others due to reckless/drunken driving have escaped conviction in prior cases.
I don't like Lawler getting picked up for DUI - but I'm enraged at some of the judicial outcomes in cases where human lives have been needlessly erased.

3 Likes

Guys in their twenties make bad decisions. I made a ton of them. Luckily no one got offed. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Il y a de la jurisprudence pour une première infraction dans ce genre de cas. Le/la juge n'aura pas beaucoup de marge de manoeuvre. Il aura probablement une ordonnance de garder la paix et une amende, à la limite assortie de travaux communautaires. Peut-être sa sentence sera-t-elle suspendue.

1 Like

Guys in their 20s make bonehead mistakes because they do so with impunity in most cases. Even with the reality of of a consequence some guys in their 20s still do dumb stuff...they also tend to become the guys in their 50s that STILL do stupid things

1 Like

Respectfully disagree.
I changed!

Respect

4 Likes

I did say SOME not all...I changed too, however from both our perspectives the other guy still cheers for the wrong team don't we :grinning:
However I was very happy to see the Bombers win the Grey Cup in 2019

2 Likes

Respectfully, I hate the Rider's Soooooo much, I cheer for them whenever Bombers are out of playoff contention. Lol

1 Like

I'm a huge fan of Lauther but that's partly cause him getting a chance to play again in 2019 after years of trying to get his 2nd chance is a feel good story

Well, my son-in-law is a Bomber fan...he might not get any turkey for thanksgiving...how dare the bombers win the Classic AND the Banjo...

How did you end with such a brilliant son-in-law.
No need for turkey, he can feast off the glory of LDC & BB. LOL.:football:

1 Like

He is a great guy and he knows how chirp as good as I do. It is much fun when we are together. My prediction for the Bombers Elk game tonight., Bombers 126- Elk 1

Edmonton will be lucky to win a game for the rest of the season. Their remaining schedule is brutal.

2 Likes