Bombers go into season chasing history

CFL.ca presents ‘Off-Season Depth Chart’, a series of articles reviewing every team’s depth chart at is stands to date. Note that these are not official team-issued depth charts, but projections based on insight and analysis from around the league, and don’t include 2022 CFL Draft picks.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/05/20/bombers-go-into-season-chasing-history/
1 Like

Yes I have to agree. The ferocious Jackson Jeffcoat and Willie Jefferson strike more fear into offensive lines than even the legendary 1930’s combo of ‘Smash Killington’ and ‘Crush Ouchthathurts’ ever could.

We are truly greatful that these guys are on OUR side. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Forgot about Maston temporarily. He was outstanding before getting hurt. He’ll take over nicely for Darby so no beat missed there.

1 Like

And the crazy good thing about Maston is he can ALSO slide into WILL beside Biggy. It just gets better and better eh?

1 Like

Won't happen.

WILL happen… :laughing:

1 Like

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y!

The mission starts!

2 Likes

‘Die Nasty’ sounds like the best Bruce Willis movie never made.

2 Likes

A lot of good things (and a little bit of luck doesn't hurt) have to happen for any team to win 3 Championships in a row, let alone 5. Recall the Blue Bombers playing the, then, Eskimos in two of those Western Finals and really felt they could win, especially that one year when both those teams finished tied (in points) for first but wasn't meant to be. Looking back, really have to tip my hat to those great Edmonton teams winning 5 consecutive Grey Cups, not an easy feat and perhaps even harder in this era but have to think that (at least on paper) will have as good a chance as any of making it three peat.

2 Likes

I still can’t forget that final against Edmonton during their 5-peat run when kicking wiz Bernie Ruoff missed three short attempts and we lost by two points. Talk about a field goal kick to the nuts…

I think he was high for that game. :mushroom:

1 Like

This guy could be the most CANADIAN Canadian Kicker ever:

(Canadian kicker JJ Molson released by Green Bay Packers - 3DownNation)

1 Like

I would have kept him on the team just for the free beer.

1 Like

There’s NO doubt he could earn extra money from Molson’s to suppliment his CFL salary alright. That could be a bargaining point. Too bad Hamilton owns his rights ‘eh’? :maple_leaf:

1 Like

Trevor Kennerd

Sask will lead the league in team sacks.

Sorry Maaax. Hate to break it to you but Maston was carried off with suspected achilles tear today. Feel bad for the guy. Totally agree, & have mentioned it myself a couple of times, no fall off there had he replaced Darby. Very good DB. Bad break for the Bombers.

1 Like

That’s terrible news. Hadn’t heard that. Same injury as last year. The Bomber website just says he was hurt and left without giving any details. Wily Kyle will have to find a replacement.

1 Like

The SAME season ending injury as last year did him in AGAIN? I guess there’s no Mercy for Maston. That might be it for him. If it’s some kind of cronic weakness that’ll never heal properly then I hope his sports based college degree has some value.

Happy trails Mercy Maston.

1 Like

Another big name bites the dust. Boateng may be out for the season. Training camp’s not for the faint of heart. Big hit on the REDBLACKS if he’s out long term.

1 Like