Bombers get full QB effort in comeback win

WINNIPEG — Asked to describe the heroics and degree of difficulty that Dru Brown worked with on Friday night, Greg Ellingson didn’t hesitate.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/11/bombers-get-full-qb-effort-in-comeback-win/

Brown plays for less than a couple of minutes but I'm guessing he gets the credit for the win.

1 Like

Not 100% sure how it works but that would make sense as they were behind when he entered the game.

3 Likes

It's not baseball. The person who is under centre for the 1st snap gets the game, regardless of the result. When Collaros was injured minutes into the game in Saskatchewan, it's his game even though Fajardo played virtually the whole game. In Edmonton, Moon won 5 Grey Cups & got credit for 3. Wilkinson often started while Moon watched & then took over later.

1 Like

I think we can agree that everyone in the stands watching gave Drew Brown's amazing five straight passes in a row SOME credit for the win. :smile:

2 Likes

Definitely, although I think it was only 3 passes. Also Zach deserves some credit for keeping the drive alive on the play he was injured on. Without that the Bombers were 3rd and long.

2 Likes

I will defer to your knowledge. As I said I don’t know the rule. If you know the rule as to how wins are awarded I would appreciate hearing it.

I do know the rules in hockey and baseball. Hockey is lacking as the winning goal isn’t necessarily the go ahead goal. Baseball has it right.

1 Like

Absolutely. Great performance & bodes well for the Bombers. Big improvement, from early indications, over last year. BTW, also like Prukop as a run threat. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This team does not sound like a "who gets credit for the win " group. An extremely good sign--and a great experience for the players.

1 Like

With Brown as the backup, you can say good-bye to Streveler

1 Like

HaHaHa...so you're saying we're only two good hits now from being roadkill :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

I think Mr. Brown made a great case for himself. Saying good-bye to the thought of needing Streveler is how I would interpret that. No need to go digging through the boxes in the attic when you got the tools at your side.

2 Likes

Brown has mastered the nuances of 3 down football. He's already a better passer than Streveler