Bombers Fire Crowton - Bellefeuille New OC

Couple of points here - Not surprised at all of course with the firing of Crowton and Bellefeuille being named the OC. I have a feeling that he may go with the most experienced QB which would be Buck until he has a chance to assess Goltz and Hall better to determine ranking order. He may even get his #2 into some games for limited action. The offense will improve but as someone else commented, it won't happen overnight and due to time constraints he may be stuck with just modifying what is already in place to make it more suitable. highly doubt there is time to develop a whole new playbook and learn it well at this point in the season.

I think that Burke will be there for the duration of the season for a couple of reasons one being that too much change in coaching staff is likely not beneficial; two being the salary issue with a few ex-employees still being paid (as someone else mentioned). This is publicly owned team and I'm sure they don't want to pay any more people who are no longer with the organization than they already are. However I do think that Burke's days are numbered and he will be either demoted or fired at the end of the season. Whether MB stays with the team beyond this season I'm sure will be his decision especially if Ottawa comes calling. I'm not sure that I see him there long term but I do wish him well in the Blue Bomber "circus"

MB's offenses have been at best, mediocre, anywhere he has been, I don't see much improvement in the Bummer O even with him at the helm of the offense...His 9-9 records were by products of his OC and DC IMO

Right you are !

MB, as OC in Regina, Montreal, and Hamilton. . . it was a mediocre offence; frankly I think MB is a better HC than he is an OC.

That said. . . I think it’s an improvement for Winnipeg. . . a mediocre offence is better than a Crowton offence.

I hear you about the team paying salaries to guys not to coach. But for Burke, I can see a way to resolve that. He is no head coach, but he was a good defensive coordinator; maybe instead of firing him they`ll ask him to accept a demotion back to DC.

That’s why I didn’t say there would be NO improvement… :lol:

They still need a QB that can do the work…

And do what with Creehan?

At some point yet another coach will be paid to not work for the Bummer organization

bump Creehan down to D line coach. . .

All it takes is a “No” from either one of them…

Oh I know . . but they could at least ask; who knows, they might say yes.

I can see Burke being demoted to DC but not until the end of the season for reason #1 already stated. Creehan goes back to position coach.

Hard to know if Crowton was any good since he didn't have a QB to work with.

An Argo-Cat fan

Wonder if Quinton Porter will be in the mix?

I bet Marcel will bring in Porter !?

From what I remember when Marcel was our OC, his offense was very predictable and boring. His fav play was the short pass to the flat or the long sideways sideline throw. Most of the time for a short gain or a loss. Hardly ever when down field or long. If he does the same in the peg they will have him under the bus in no time.

Agreed mike. MB's career as an offensive coordinator was pretty mediocre, not just in Hamilton but as well in Montreal and Regina before that. Personally, I think he was better suited to a head coaching role than an offensive coordinator role.

That said, and while I've said this elsewhere, a mediocre offence is still light years superior to a Gary Crowton offence.

I thin MB invented the “We need 10 yards, so we’ll pass for 7” pass… he used to die by it

Here's some insight into what Bellefeuille's been doing this week. Hope this article gets to the HAM coaches:

[url=http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/more-touches-suits-simpson-extra-points-220625101.html]http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports ... 25101.html[/url]

And, here's a similar story from the other WPG paper, but this one makes it pretty clear that their plan is to get the ball into Simpson's hands more often through the air:

[url=http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/08/21/chad-simpson-excited-about-playing-for-bombers-new-offensive-coach]http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/08/21/c ... sive-coach[/url]