Bombers/Esks.

I was starting to wonder if there was a game for first place in Winnipeg this weekend.

Just checking. :lol:

…oh there certainly is :rockin: …You know my thoughts on the o line pigseye…We have to get better…Speaking of the game…i think everyone knows this most likely will be for all the marbles…A-game plus will be the requisite for this one…I know we’re going to be tough to beat on D it’s our offence that has me worried… We may have a weakness on the oline… it’s also true the Als. aren’t exactly stacked in the defensive backfield AND if we can start playing like i know we can and take advantage of that…we could be in the drivers seat…Shutting down Calvillo is always a challenge BUT our D can be overpowering…They have to bring it…Should be an interesting game and a damned good one if the refs. call it fairly…

…(Seems there’s a little action in the als. camp…The riders site is saying Dwight Anderson (their fa acquistion in the off-season has been sent home because of a disagreement with management…One less db to worry about :wink: )

The Riders site is not up to date; hence, Dwight Anderson has not played since September 5,2011; on October 15,2011 he was transferred to the 9 game injury list,to November 28,2011. In the last 5 games without Anderson, we are 5-1.

Richard

…i’m going by a ‘tweet’ that was (according to them (riders) yesterday and comments made today…So what is the status of Mr. Anderson, Richard, Is he still in Montreal??? :roll:

I don't know/care; I do know that he was not send home yesterday,since there was no practice; the team won't practice before tomorrow. He is injured and won't play again this year.He's been replaced and let's move on. I worry more about the Bombers-next Saturday- than Dwight Anderson.

Richard

…AND well you should…this game could be the pinnacle of the season for both clubs…Good Luck :thup:

Thank you and may the best team,at least on that day, win. If we win,I know that the road to the Grey Cup will be easier,since we will play the final at home; if we lose,I expect that we will finish 2nd. We would then have to beat Hamilton in semi-final-at home- and play Winnipeg at home,on November 20,2011. It will/should be cold and windy in Winnipeg.

Richard

you will find few more positive than me on the Bombers, but being in a game for first place doesn’t mean our O-line is any good. all the standings and stats you want can’t compensate for the fact that when you watch a game there are multiple players in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped.

Bombers oline has only been as good as the play they have gotten out of their QB's this season which hasn't been very good.

Wouldn't it be fair to say that statement is backwards? Seems to me that when the Oline does manage to give him time, is when Buck is at his best....

Goes for all QB's I think. There are 3 big factors in CFL games, Winning battles on the line, Special teams and Turnovers. Bombers Oline had some very good games and some very bad ones, they seem ok when the pressure is coming from the Ends but things get tough for them when the pressure comes from the middle.

yup. the statement is definitely reversed. the QB play is fine, the rating looks bad, sure, but that's almost solely because of INTs and half the INTs hit our receivers in the hands first.

like I said, watch the games and it's plain to see there are people in the backfield every time the ball is snapped. that's got nothing to do with Pierce. when the O-line shows up, Pierce plays fine.

You guys must know more than Lapo does then?

Hey, I think Douglas is a turnstile no agrument on that one. But Lapo has defended his oline repeatedly, even the big sacks on Pierce he basically said were his fault for holding onto the ball too long. And that is Pierce's biggest problem, he holds onto the ball too long, gets happy feet and throws picks or takes huge hits when he doesn't have to.

^ the above is the case. you can not deny it when it is what happens.

maybe LaPo is defending his O-line because he doesn’t think we have anyone who can do the job better? can’t throw the only guys you have under the bus.

the biggest hit Pierce took this year was the one by Jamall Johnson where NOBODY EVEN TOUCHED HIM. that was probably on Reid or a receiver, not the O-line, but it wasn’t Pierce holding on to the ball too long when the ball had barely arrived.

you can say whatever you want, but when you watch the games it couldn’t be any more clear that our O-line is pretty much useless most of the time. the ball is snapped, someone is in the backfield. nearly. every. single. time. it’s legitimately hard to watch. and it does happen, regardless of what LaPo feeds the media. Likely, LaPo isn’t too blind to see this. Likely he’s just defending his guys because he doesn’t want to throw them on the bus, especially if he doesn’t think he has much better.

I’m not saying it, the coach is, go tell him.