Bombers D

Players like Willie Jefferson are the kind you win championships with. Talented and oh so very smart. He’s MVP calibre.

Streveler is a beast! O’Shea says he runs angry. Guy has the heart of a lion, moves and power like a RB, and lots of speed. If he ever gets the passing game down he is going to be a lights-out QB.

This D is the best in the league, bar none.

How did BC ever let Andrew Harris walk away?

How did Hamilton ever let Justin Medlock walk away?

As a Bomber fan, I’m glad they did. Go Blue!

It was interesting to hear about Harris’s fountain of youth. Yoga !

Well it certainly did yesterday evening in Edmonton! And that’s how the Bombers got the W and undisputed possession of first in the West.

…AND on that I am in total agreement…The Esks. do not want to see Willy Jefferson again anytime soon ;D…and he was just one of the marauders… Excellent game by the D

The reason can be encapsulated in one symbol: $
The Bombers offered way more for Medlock and Harris, and the difference between 100k and 185k, in a short CFL career is substantial

Totally agree. Those two players are key contributors for us and worth every penny. Same with WJ. Where would we be without them? I’m glad Walters agreed.

Getting the Ws may very well be up to the Blue Bomber Defence these next two weeks against the Roughriders.A piddly 89 yards passing doesn’t win too many games these days, particularly when RBs are handed the ball only fourteen times (even when they average 6.71 yards per carry).

:frowning:

Apparently not.

I don’t understand why you seem to be taking delight in this situation. It’s a sad development for not only Andrew Harris, but for all Blue Bomber fans and anyone who loves CFL football as well.

???

The Bombers are going to need a lot of this Willie Jefferson fellow to get the win in Regina on Sunday:

:wink:

Yup…to date he is far and away the best defensive player of the year. He apparently is none to pleased about the release of Mathews. Hope he has put that aside, especially now CM has signed on to Montreal. This is the most intriguing game of the year for me…so far.

Yes, we’ll need a heck of a game from the whole D (sacks, fumbles, Int’s) if we are going to make this a close one.

I know the Banjo Bowl crowd will pump energy into the boys next week, I’m not that confident for this week though :frowning:

Last game, Medlock 4/4 - 15 points
D - 6 points
O - 12 points
Result - 2 points

The only stat that matters is the last one.

I seem to be in the minority but I believe a bunch of very proud, P’d off athletes, determined to show they are really good while missing two of 46, coached by The Best, show up in Regina. Will they win, tough, will they get beat, not likely.

So far this season, Fajardo hasn’t been subjected to insane amounts of pressure (like Mike Reilly has, for example).

I have a feeling that with Jefferson and company, that’s about to change.

You, Aristotle and myself are not that worried. I think Cody Fajardo is the one who should be worried… I don’t think we should underestimate the Bombers.

…Hope you’re right MadJack…We know the Winnipeg D is solid and IF they can pressure Fajardo into mistakes…could be a difference maker…We know he can run so we have to be wary of that… Pressure from our ends could send him into a panic and he could chuck up a few …Our defense definitely has to be on their game

Having attended a few of these LDCs in Regina I can tell you this, the Riders get away with a lot of offsides, holding, head shots, late hits, and P.I. It is one of the reasons it is so difficult to come out of there with 2 points. I’d really like to see O’Shea engage the officials and maintain a dialogue throughout the game in an attempt to soften the favouritism somewhat. A call here or there in our favour could be the difference.

HO HO my man. I have watched this kinda crap for years. If I ever mention it I am branded a sore loser. Home field advantage to the green slime bigtime !!!

Offsides and HOLDING are especially rampant. We can’t beat the riders and the refs too.

O’Shea doesn’t have to be a whiny biatch like Dave Dickenson but there are things he can do such as developing a dialogue with them, letting them know when they do well and call them over and make them explain themselves when they screw up. Be an extra set of eyes out there for the officials. Point things out. Be likable, firm but fair. Act as an ambassador of the game who wants nothing more than the CFL and it’s officials to be world-class. Currently, from what I’ve seen, O’Shea doesn’t do enough of subtly working the officials.

Oh groan. The Bomber Defence was solid in Regina until the end - almost. But it turned into a sieve in the last three minutes of play allowing the Roughriders to march all the way down the field for a chip shot field goal while eating up every last second of the clock. Abominable.

:frowning: