Bombers closing in on history with undefeated record

MONTREAL — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers stand alone atop the CFL mountain with a perfect 9-0 record following their latest win over the Alouetes, and the team is just a few consecutive wins away from making history.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/08/05/bombers-closing-in-on-history-with-undefeated-record/

3peat 3peat 3peat in the making! Lets go Blue!

1 Like

The TSN turning point in the Week 9 opener, was David Cotes missed 49 yard field goal with 14:21 left in the final frame. :shushing_face: The Als would of taken the lead by 3, :thinking: instead the Bombers scored 21 points for their impressive 9-0 record, at the half way point of the season. :bangbang:

My game ball goes to Drew Wolitarsky who was Mr. clutch second down conversions throughout this exciting contest. :100: :football: :canada:

2 Likes

Suppose you could say this about a lot of the Blue Bombers receivers but Drew Wolitarsky really is Mr. Clutch. Game in and game out this guy is so consistent in all aspects of being a great receiver and certainly a fan favourite here in the Peg. Like yourself, I too would give the game ball to Drew.

2 Likes

…And all those tired Bombers who dug down deep in the final 10 minutes to put this game away. A special shoutout goes to whoever made the coffee. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Well I've seen enough. Time for Maciocia to step aside. Also, Anthony (an I do like him) needs some help calling the offence. The Bombers, if they are to be beaten this year, were ripe for the picking, yet Mtl couldn't get it done. They are a much better team than their record indicates.

The great thing about the phrase, “They are a much better team than their record indicates…” is that if Montreal fails to win ANY more games it’ll STILL be true.

1 Like

I’ll say this Maaax, Montreal may not win another game this year, especially if Maciocia remains coach. (I guess it’s evident I have absolutely no confidence in the guy.)

1 Like

One feel good story being told today that I hope gets extended .

One team with it's shit together at least .

I remember the eskimos domination and they interviewed the veterans later and they said it wasn't always that they were that good it was that other teams were that bad .

1 Like

If you get beat by the best team in the league you have to walk away from it with a lesson learned. If not then the coaches aren't doing a good job. We'll see how Montreal plays going forward.

1 Like

Woliguitarsky doesn’t get the ball thrown his way to much but when it is he always comes up with the clutch grab for 10 or 20 yards that the Bombers need to keep the offence on the field.

1 Like

Saying "no hitter" in the dugout.
:grin:

That sounds like a beer commercial.

Drew Wolitarsky: “I don’t always get the ball thrown my way…”

2 Likes

He once parallel parked a train.

1 Like