Bombers' Carlton Agudosi shines in CFL debut

WINNIPEG — The CFL’s lone remaining undefeated team appears to be even stronger following the impressive CFL debut of receiver Carlton Agudosi in Friday night’s win over the Calgary Stampeders.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/07/16/bombers-carlton-agudosi-shines-in-cfl-debut/

The Calgary Stampeders battled the Winnipeg Blue Bombers at IG field in Week 6. A brutal call on special teams player Charlie Power of the Stamps on field goal kicker Marc Liegghio :face_with_raised_eyebrow: sealed the deal for the 5th lead change of the game. :star_struck: The score was deadlocked at 13 at the half. :exclamation:The Stamps inability to convert second downs was very apparent in this unbelievable and wild game(4-14 on the night) :bangbang:

P.S. My game ball goes to Zack Collaros & the CFL's leading receiver Greg Ellingson who were truly outstanding for the 6-0 Bombers. The rematch will be in Week 8-"Can't Wait" :football: :canada: :gem:

3 Likes

Agreed, even though the Stamps look to be a great team, the Bombers are still more than a few steps ahead of them.

3 Likes

What really "pissed me off" was Coach Dickenson putting Tom Stevens in on the first and goal-Hand the ball to Ka'Deem Carey, the back who got you there :bangbang:

2 Likes

Maybe this thread could be about the kid who waited over a year for his 1st start (and just coming back from injury in Camp).
He looked pretty good, 70 yards & 2 Tds. Now we just need Bailey to pick it up a notch, and all of a sudden our WRs are lookin pretty good.
If he doesn't, Agudosi may have earned the #3 import spot when Demski is back.

2 Likes

Impressive debut, big target & looks like pretty good hands (I won't mention that 'shining' thing again :zipper_mouth_face:)

1 Like

This reviving core is something else. Doing it almost by committee. Last week it was the Schoen Show. This week Ellingson was all over the field catching almost everything thrown his way Agudosi was electric in the end zone. Hope to see much more of him in the next couple of games. Wolitasky had some clutch second down catch’s. These targets are going to give Rasheed more open space. And oh yeah, don’t we still have that Nick Demski guy on IR waiting to come back? I am well aware the running game is PUTRID and that if it doesn’t get fixed come October- November we will have troubles winning but right now it’s very enjoyable to watch this efficient passing attack.

2 Likes

Way too many mistakes
But it’s only July
The big problem is a completely incompetent officiating crew
The cfl gets a constant black eye from this issue

Carey must have had something happen as he went directly to the bench after the first down play which caused confusion imo.

Would have been a good time for Carey to stay down or to call a timeout opposed to rushing the short yardage guy out there. Dickenson said later he had a play in mind.

1 Like

Dance with the one what brung ya !
Absolutely should have stayed with Carey as his blood was up and he was rairin to go. I wonder if that had been practised through the week or was it a spur of the moment bench call. Old coaches always went with percentages as in score anytime you can. If Carey did get stopped it was a chip shot for 3 for Rene ! It wasn't the final dropped end zone pass that lost Stamps the game. Matty pointed out that getting to the red zone twice with no points killed the Stamps.. and was out of character for such a disciplined team. And Bo Levi must have been incensed that he wasn't left in if the alt QB, run the ball wasn't on the agenda.

1 Like

Bombers should stop playing Olivera and put Augustine as a starter. Olivera can't get the job done and Bombers running game are suffering because of it.

2 Likes

[quote="Easybreezy8, post:11, topic:79389"]

Bombers should stop playing Olivera and put Augustine as a starter. Olivera can't get the job done and Bombers running game are suffering because of it.

[/quote]two young backs with potential. the bombers are trying to develop both of them. anyone who thought that either one of them would step right in and replace Harris's production. was being naïve. I do agree that Augustine looks more comfortable running the ball these days. it's up to the Bombers coaching staff to game plan around these issues with the running game. and at 6-0 they've done a pretty good job of it so far. I would think we will see improvement from either of them as the season rolls on. PATIENCE !!!!
2 Likes