Bombers Assistant Richard Harris has passed away

From the Bombers website:

The Winnipeg Football Club would like to express its deepest condolences to the family of Defensive Line and Assistant Head Coach Richard Harris, who was taken to hospital and passed away earlier this afternoon.

“This has struck our entire organization from the top down,? said Blue Bomber President Jim Bell. “We are all in a state of shock and first and foremost would like to express our deepest sympathies to his family. The Winnipeg Football Club has lost not only a great coach, but an even better man.?

Harris joined the Blue Bombers in 2006 as the team’s Defensive Line Coach. He was appointed Assistant Head Coach prior to the 2011 season.

The Football Club will have no other comment on this matter at this time.

http://www.bluebombers.com/article/statement-regarding-coach-richard-harris

My deepest sympathies to his family, friends and players. I never met Mr. Harris personally but everything I had heard about him was he was an incredibly classy man who always took time to talk to fans. He will be greatly missed. :cry:

...A sad sad day in the Peg :cry: ....Condolences to his family.....

...wow that is really sad...condolences to his family, and the Blue Bomber family as a whole.... :frowning:

Unreal... he was only 63 years old.. that's far too young. My thoughts go out to his family, friends and to Blue Bomber nation.

Flags at half mast for the CFL family.

Condolences to Bomber Nation, the players who must be in utter dismay, and most of all Richard Harris' family and close friends

My condolences go out to Richard Harris and family, also to the Winnipeg Blue Bomber Football club in this difficult time.

Condolences to Richard Harris' family & the Bomber organization... very sad day.

Indeed a very sad day, my condolences to Mr. Harris' family & the Bomber organization.

Condolences to the Harris family and to the Bomber organization.

I only met him a couple times but he was one of those people that you never forget and were better for having met him.

What happened ? Heart attack ?

The FP is reporting that it was a heart attack.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Bombers-coach-taken-to-hospital-126207183.html

Sad to hear. Condolences to his family and the Bomber Team and fans.

He really was. Such a sweet man. Such a shame that he's gone.

My condolences to his family and Bomber nation.

Very sad day for the CFL world.
Condolences to his family and friends.
RIP, Mr Harris.

That F'ing sucks :frowning:

Hearts out to his family.

Wow, this caught me off guard completely.

RIP Richard Harris.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones as well.