Bombers agree to terms with DB Winston Rose

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have agreed to terms with former CFL All-Star defensive back Winston Rose, the team announced on Wednesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/10/20/bombers-agree-terms-db-winston-rose/

A great reacquisition! Another fantastic DB in an already fantastic group!

2 Likes

Also inked Shaq Cooper. Not sure why.

Andrew Harris is injured and out. so Cooper is some depth.

10x the DB that Tre Roberson is. The Stumps might aswell fold their entire franchise because of this signing

1 Like

That was hard group to rebuild this year. We lost most of our starting DB's to free agency after the 2019 season. They were either too expensive or headed for the NFL. I think we brought in 20 or so DB's to sort through. We're lucky our GM knows how to find talent under rocks. Getting Rose back is a fantastic bonus so close to the playoffs. Now if we could just get a really good backup QB to fall into our laps... :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Great news - the "Ball Hawk" is back in town

1 Like

[quote="Maaax, post:6, topic:74127"]
...roup to rebuild this year. We lost most of our starting DB's to free agency after the 2019 season. They were either too expensive or headed for the NFL. I think we brought in 20 or so DB's to sort through. We're lucky our GM knows how to find talent under rocks.

I feel like a great front 7, can make an average secondary look great. Not always, and not without a Veteran safety, but it can...

1 Like

HA! HA! Sounds like you are getting nervious that the Stamps are rising in time to take out your precious Bombers in the Western final! Winston Rose 10x the DB of Tre Roberson ? Really ? 10x ??? So much for your knowledge of football and the talent of players! HA! HA! HA!

You're right, It should be 100x

Thanks for pointing that out :wink:

2 Likes

I keep hearing the Bombers have great depth, like Oliveira. Who knew.

4 out of every 3 people don't understand math.

Rose might be close to as good as Roberson. 10x better = you have no clue.

Oliveira & Augustine are both better than Cooper; Bombers will have next to no problem even if Harris is out - IMO.

Lets see,
Winston Rose, :heavy_check_mark:
Sergio Castillo, :heavy_check_mark:
Shaq Cooper, :heavy_check_mark:

Man -O- Man my bingo card is almost filled.
I'm sweating for a New Experienced QB

2 Likes

Welcome back to the greatest show on turf Winston Rose-The Canadian Football League & the Bombers are glad to have you back. Look forward to seeing you start ASAP. :star_struck: :gem:

Bombers just go stronger.
They can wrap up first this weekend, rest Collaros and Harris and let the other teams battle it out.
Have to give the backup QBs some games

Why get nervous about a team that won't even be in Winnipeg for the western Final?