Bombers agree to terms with C Michael Couture

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have agreed to terms on a one-year contract extension with centre Michael Couture.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/01/31/bombers-agree-terms-c-michael-couture/

Woo hoo! Our front five is back baby!!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

Yup, imagine that! Only Dejarlais missing, and who knows he could be back at some point too! So much for “gaping holes” :rofl:

2 Likes

“Gaping holes” are what we’ll be punching in other teams defenses this season.

4 Likes

Good for Couture. Guessing $200,000 and will be surprised if it is less.

Have a feeling the Bombers sign a QB or they would have re-signed McGuire by now. Maybe Matt Schiltz or Dakota Prukop. Both good players.

Good for the Blue Bombers also, right? Or is that just too hard to admit?
They’ve just gone and taken care of everything you’ve been worried about (O & D line depth)

2 Likes

Would have posted an hour ago, but was doing my happy dance.

3 Likes

Whoever we go with at backup will be comfy learning to play QB behind that awesome offensive line of ours. :grin:

3 Likes

Don’t let the naysayers spoil the party. It’s mostly jealousy anyway.

I have been saying since the 70s that the only way to win in the CFL is with consistency. We need the players back each year First, because they gel and secondly the jerseys we buy are not obsolete after one season. The fans WILL come to games if they know the players…This is one of the reasons I am not an Argo fan even though I was born in the heart of Toronto. The Argos dump players every year. This is a big factor in why no fans go to their games. Even their most devoted fans don’t know the players year to year. Much easier to bring in cheaper help and hope they can pull off a Grey Cup win with rookies. It does happen and so a few teams try this method. The Argos are the worst offenders. Have been for decades.

Go Bombers. Go get Lawler now. Let’s become a dynasty.

3 Likes

Word on Winnipeg radio this a.m. is that Winston Rose has signed for one year! Great to have him back.

3 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1: That makes 5.

2 Likes

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have agreed to terms on a one-year contract extension with cornerback Winston Rose, according to TSN’s Farhan Lalji.

3 Likes

Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN Jan 31
Couture takes less to stay with #Bombers. 1 year deal for 180k. Being told his hometown #BCLions had offered closer to 200k.
@CFLonTSN

So much for “players won’t take a discount”. Sometimes the right conditions are worth more than a little more $$.

Curious who the last jersey you bought was.

Last jersey I bought was #33 Andrew Harris. Before that #85 Milt Stegall. Before that #63 Chris Walby. Also bought #5 Dieter Brock and #2 Tom Clements.

DAN 38
Nice collection of jerseys. You're a true fan.

I would love to buy this design on a jersey.

BTW #38 another top notch player

Can’t go wrong with H.O.F. names. I hope you get a chance to wear them often. My guess is the Walby would be the most valuable if you are planning to be eventually buried in one of them.

I usually wear a matching CFLPA touque and mask when out and am hopeful for the best in the CBA negotiation. Without the players there are no teams.

My best jersey is a game worn Tracy Ham. He is in the H.O.F. I would like to find both a Drew Willy Bomber and John Manziel Als jersey to go with my Mike Bishop Argo jersey. Patience pays in these matters.

1 Like

How could I forget my fav Bomber Willard Reaves ? Of course I have a Reaves jersey. My name is Dan 38. I can’t believe I did not list that jersey first. Must be gettin old. :wink: Thanks, WeGotTheCup.

I used to be one of those guys you might see on TV wearing a Bomber jersey when the Bombers were playing in Ham or Tor or Ott or Mont. I lived in Ontario then. I live in Nova Scotia now way before the pandemic set in . Ahead of the curve.
I really hope Halifax gets a team. I will buy STs but still cheer for Winnipeg. Halifax is an hour and a half away but that’s a nice drive here compared to trying to get to Tor from Barrie only 75 miles north.

1 Like

I coached with Willard in pop Warner, his son Ryan was one of our players…he was our best player.

Cool.