Bombers Add 5 More Player's To Roster

Bombers have signed Import defensive lineman Remond Willis, import wide receiver Kenny Strickland, import linebacker Henti Baird, non-import defensive lineman Deji Oduwole and non-import defensive back Jerry-Ralph Jules.

SOME VERY INTERESTING YOUNG PROSPECTS HERE - LOOKS LIKE THE NEW STAFF CAN FIND YOUNG PROSPECTS AS WELL, I LIKE THE SOUND OF WILLIS, BAIRD AND ODUWOLE, THEY HAVE IMPRESSIVE STATS WE CANNOT DENY THAT, GREAT JOB MACK AND CO.

Willis (6-1, 248, Tennessee State ’09, DOB: August 28, 1985 in Dexter, Missouri) was in Calgary’s training camp in 2009. He played his college football at Tennessee State where in 2007 Willis led the club in tackles with 84, including 50 solo efforts. In 2008 for the Tigers, he started 10 games and made 55 tackles, including three tackles for a loss and recovered two fumbles. He transferred to Tennessee State from Illinois, where in 2005 he was named to The Sporting News Freshman All-America and Freshman All-Big Ten teams.

Strickland (5-10, 185, Johnson C. Smith University, DOB: April 5, 1987 in San Jose, California) transferred from San Jose City College where he had had 20 catches for 362 yards and 26 kick-off returns for 845 yards.

Baird (6-2, 205, Hampton, DOB: April 7, 1986 in Greensboro, North Carolina) played at Hampton where in 2008 he had 57 total tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, 2 sacks and 1 interception.

Oduwole (6-2, 250, University of Calgary, DOB: August 23, 1987 in Coquitlam, B.C.) played his CIS football at the University of Calgary. Oduwole started all eight games at defensive end in 2008, recording 31 tackles and leading his team with five sacks. He was named a Canada West all-star. Oduwole began his CIS career at Saint Mary's University and was named Saint Mary's' nominee for rookie of the year in 2005 before sitting out the 2006 season, due to transfer rule.

Jules (5-10, 175, University of Montreal ‘09, DOB: June 13, 1981 in Laval, Quebec) played his CIS football at the University of Montreal and was a standout defensive back.

.....watch for Oduwole at tc.....This guy could make an impact.... :wink:

as everything progresses im getting really excited for tc again, bringing lots of guys at all positions, similar to last year. and we definately found a few gems last year! hopefully a few more this season! im glad the scouting dept is alive and well again! before last year it seemed to be missing for some time

I agree with you on Oduwole, people should take notice of this kid and Willis as well, both are strong candidates to make the team and have an impact, can't deny there stats are impressive. I believe the Bombers may have just found a diamond in the rough or two.

strickland is impressive too. the guy obviously can return kicks.

i like the canadian signings. im curious about the canadian db because 1. he's kinda old. 2. do we plan on starting a canadian db? and 3. if we do, does this mean we are more than likely looking at taking taurean allen with our number 6 pick in the draft?

deiji i actually thought the bombers should have drafted last year.

baird seems like he's a baller.. and remond willis, i wonder if he's possibly making the switch to lb here. i mean we have a pretty good bunch of de's and this guy is too small to play tackle so wonder if theres thought of having him switch to linebacker.

bombers are making interesting signings this off season. the american guys WOOHOO im sure there will be more to come after the nfl draft or whatever but what im really impressed with his alot of our signings this off season (svec,mchenry,hashem,oduwle(sp??), jules?? ) are canadian and thats pretty different around these parts.

on a side note tho, seems last year johnsons were the popular name in camp.. james,jovon,jasper,rod... now this year it seems willis is taking over.