Bombers acquire Alden Darby Jr. in trade w/ Ticats

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have acquired defensive back Alden Darby Jr. in a trade with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, for defensive end Cedric Wilcots II.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/10/04/bombers-acquire-alden-darby-jr-in-trade-w-ticats/

He’s baaaaack!

Who saw THIS coming? Another trip to the Cup and another Grey Cup Ring might in the cards for lucky Alden Darby Jr. even though the team he’s been on all year is facing possible elimination in the next week or two. :grin:

1 Like

Welcome back Alden Darby Jr!

2 Likes

AND Cedric Wilcots II is going the wrong way ?

1 Like

Nice.

Didn’t necessarily think Darby Jr. would be back, but they did need another veteran presence back there. Plus don’t think any other team would have wanted to help the Bombers. With only a few games left, they needed a guy familiar with the system.

Wilcots II going the other way must mean that Keion Adams will be in the lineup for the rest of the year and that Jeffcoat is healthy and will be back, otherwise they would be even thinner at D-line. Jefferson needs a strong player at the other end to get him 1 on 1 again.

Maybe they are working on another D-lineman to pick up as well. Don’t know from where, but maybe. :thinking:

3 Likes

Yep. We’re doing our best to warn him but…

GoingTheWrongWay

2 Likes

I'm too lazy to type my own words.... besides I've learned I do better when I just copy & paste.

Well, the names have all changed
Since you hung around
But those dreams have remained
And they've turned around

Who'd have thought they'd lead you
(Who'd have thought they'd lead you)
Back here where we need you?
(Back here where we need you?)

Yeah, we tease him a lot
'Cause we got him on the spot
Welcome back

2 Likes
2 Likes

Good for Darby. Poor Cedric could taste the Cup coming.
And yet another bonehead move by the Ticats. (2 tackes this season??)

oh man gotta feel for Cedric Wilcots going from the castle to the outhouse.