Bomber News and Discussion

Thanks for the clarification.

3 Likes

Funny that there is no news in this forum that Alford signed with the Falcons a couple of days ago. He is apparently from the area. We knew he was probably gone. We’ll see whether Desjarlais gets signed by an NFL team soon enough I expect.

2 Likes

Alford, based on just one season's CFL exposure might just be the best DB in the CFL. Dejarlais has become a monster piece on the Bomber o-line - made to look even better when Andrew Harris was running amok. Harris, it can be said requires less hole and less time separation than any CFL back to get his requisite/typical 5 to 7.5 yd gains. You downgrade on Dejarlais and that 5 to 7 quickly becomes 3.5 to 5.

2 Likes

I am still trying to get over the fact the Bombers have a fight song...
I did not know dat... great team and it seems they goona be great again in 2023....and that is always good for the CFL.

2 Likes

Here's the first media-play version of the Blue Bomber Fight Song, circa 1957-1959. It was thought to be lost to time due to Bombers going on a prolonged 3 decade long losing streak.
One of the singers was a radio announcer named Cliff Gardner . . . Gardner was a certified stage performer at Winnipeg's summer outdoor stage, aka Rainbow Stage and did decades service as a morning man/ad writer, jingle creator, etc. If you thought Bob Irving was famous - Gardner was 10x the reputation and was far more involved with Winnipeg charities until his passing some years ago. Bob Irving's #1 charity was - Bob Irving.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers fight song circa 1970’s | Markosun's Blog (wordpress.com)

2 Likes

Well it was ok but GREEN IS THE COLOR is the standard ... I know that will get a good counter argument :slightly_smiling_face:...

Another seldom heard rarity of Blue Bomber lore is a radio station record created in 1958 that went after arrogant Hamilton Ti-Cat coach Jim Trimble. It was produced by radio station CKRC, who were far more dominant in the 50s and early 60s than CJOB (Irving's station). Again, Cliff Gardner was one of the members of the group who wrote and produced this wonderfully antiquated football piece. However, they managed to steal the essence of the song from another song of the same era - 'Hang Down your Head, Tom Dooley' from the American band 'The Kingston Trio'
Hang Down Your Head Jim Trimble (CKRC Bombers Booster Song - 1958) - The Terrible Three - Bing video

1 Like

The Bomber fight song has that nice marching band sound to it.

1 Like