Bomber News and Discussion 2023

Now if there were a link or any way to continue to check it for updates? I tried to find such a link on either the CFL or TSN sites and came up empty. Anybody?

Just kickstarting this Bomber thread with the news of Rasheed Bailey’s signing. Great news. I noticed that other members on other sub forums were all positive about Bailey joining their team as a free agent.

https://forums.cfl.ca/t/back-in-blue-bombers-re-sign-rasheed-bailey/84034?u=jon

I don’t think I have ever seen a better and deeper group of receivers on any CFL team ever. Pair this with the best QB in the league and we could be in store for a season of aerial fireworks.

3 Likes

If you couldn’t find one I wouldn’t be able to either. I agree that it would be nice though.

1 Like

This link was posted on the Ticat forum two days ago. It is obviously out of date so maybe you can find it and update it. It is from Marshall Ferguson and posted on Twitter. I don’t do Twitter. I agree that his charts are great.

[

#CFLFA after 48-hours by team and position.#BCLions | #Stampeders | #Elks | #Riders | #Bombers | #Ticats | #Argos | #Redblacks | #MontreALS | #CFL | @CFLonTSN pic.twitter.com/iuPCvUZWmo

:canada: Marshall Ferguson :football: (@TSN_Marsh) February 16, 2023
](

#CFLFA after 48-hours by team and position.#BCLions | #Stampeders | #Elks | #Riders | #Bombers | #Ticats | #Argos | #Redblacks | #MontreALS | #CFL | @CFLonTSN pic.twitter.com/iuPCvUZWmo

:canada: Marshall Ferguson :football: (@TSN_Marsh) February 16, 2023
)

1 Like

Another in a long line of stories about how the culture in Winnipeg keeps players there, often for less money. This time from Pat Neufeld. It hasn't always been that way but clearly the organization is incredible, probably the most respected by players in North American professional team sport at present. Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

3 Likes

https://forums.cfl.ca/t/schoen-excited-build-off-successful-rookie-campaign-in-23/84175?u=jon

An interesting take into Schoen’s NFL tryout tribulations. It sounds like he didn’t get much of a look in many places and he openly wonders whether teams considered his body of CFL work last year.

But Zach texted him and he loves Lawler and is happy to be back in the Bomber culture. More praise for the closeness of the team, the systems and the winning culture from top to bottom.

4 Likes

Group hug time

4 Likes

Everytime I see a picture of Larry Linville I think of that headline, “Former mayorial candidate Natalie Pollock claims that she had major burns all over her body”.

“MASH-ER?: Former MASH star Larry Linville denies allegations by a big-breast advocate that he pawed her during a photo shoot in Winnipeg, Canada. Linville, who played prissy Major Frank Burns on the show, was in Winnipeg performing at a dinner theater. Natalie Pollock , who has a 44DD chest and who has appeared on talk shows to argue she and other amply endowed women are discriminated against, says Linville fondled her during a publicity shoot at the Winnipeg Press Club. Linville’s lawyer says the actor had Pollock’s permission to lightly touch her breasts for the purpose of a joke photo. Police have interviewed Linville and seized the photos. Pollock says her own local talk show was canceled because her breasts jiggled. On the Jenny Jones TV talk show, Pollock tussled with a busty stripper and claimed the woman smashed her in the face with her breasts.”

(From the UPI Archives)

3 Likes

:laughing:
Jenny Jones - now there is a throwback to old TV.

You know tussle or not but I would prefer tussle unlike Ms. Pollock, if I ever see a chance to be on such a talk show with a busty stripper present, now I think I’m going to sign up for it too.

Also, as overheard on a hot mic in an interview after the show, which we recovered from some other file footage from the Daytime TV Classics Vault:

Pollock:
Now please don’t misunderstand me, I have no issue with boobs at all, but she went not only one but two steps too far with me that day and …

1 Like

Well folks, there is not much going on with our bygone CFL hero and your local hero, but I say our secret mission must continue because what's right is right for your establishment even though I am a member of the right honourable opposition.

Here's the tracking page for his news of interest. Apparently he's taking up reading stories to kids. It's heartwarming, but will any of your kids out there like this?

I can only imagine my nieces and nephews hearing this, being heavily bored within seconds, and then quickly asking me to make like a tree again or to swing them around "one more time Zio Paolo!"
:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

Not exactly a huge surprise but it looks like Winnipeg is all but assured of hosting the 2025 Grey Cup. Fabulous! With the stadium and fan base they have they should probably be hosting it every five years. Perhaps the league will exercise their option to start the 2025 season earlier to remove much of the risk of an Ice Bowl.

(Report: Blue Bombers to be awarded 2025 Grey Cup game Report: Winnipeg Blue Bombers to be awarded 2025 Grey Cup game | TSN)

4 Likes

Only downside is that by that time we won’t be the top team we have been over the past 4 years. Would’ve been nice to catch our team in a Grey Cup at home.

1 Like

We just don’t know. Yeah Zach might be in his last legs by then if he’s still around and surely many of the elder statesman will be gone. I have confidence in the Bomber organization to find replacements over time but we’ll have to see. Ask me again at this time in 2025.

1 Like

:eyes:

3 Likes

2 Likes

As I said on the NFL thread, his memory will live on via the statue outside IG Field.

3 Likes

TSN article below.

(Legendary Vikings coach, CFL HOFer Grant dies at 95 https://www.tsn.ca/19.54065.1678558102)

1 Like

In the 2019 Grey Cup when Mike Jones was a Blue Bomber and Mike Jones was a TiCat there was at least one play where Mike Jones was covering Mike Jones,¨.

2 Likes

I remember that - Mike Jones made a great play there.

2 Likes

At the expense of Mike Jones. He was soooo embarrassed.