Bomber News and Discussion 2022 (Other than free agency)

Wouldn't this be nice! Our o-line has not been the same without him.

1 Like

During a crazy comeback against the Ottawa Rough Riders we scored two quick touchdowns in the last two minutes of the game. The last TD was made possible thanks to Joe Pop's miraculous left-footed kick which totally fooled everyone.

1 Like

oh yea that’s right, the huge come back. i forgot it ended with the lefty kick. that’s going back a long time. i remember reading about it years later, more than i remember any details.

1 Like

That whole game was a yawner... except for the final two minutes. Poor Ottawa was already celebrating their victory when we stole it out from under them like the ungreatful guests we were.

Naylor says Desjarlais won’t be back in CFL his year

1 Like

Get back to where you once belonged…

1 Like

He’s still just 25. Drew could come back to the Bombers for 1+ years, hone his skills, win one more cup, steady an older line next year, then go to the NFL with more experience instead of wasting away on a PR or going from team to team. He would still have time to collect that NFL pension, maybe even earn a backup role.

1 Like

he’ll make a helluva lot more on a NFL practice roster. like a LOT more.

True that, but he’s young and I’m selfish and want him to get back for a Cup run. He is a guard, I know, but with possibility of tackles Bryant or Hardrick calling it a day next year, he would play a huge part of steadying the o-line. I thought they played because they love the game. Championship, yes please, money, pfft. He’ll have many years left to make NFL pr money. :slightly_smiling_face:

so you’re implying that he (and anyone else who follows their dream of playing in NFL) is only doing it for money? i assume you realize the level of play and competition is better in NFL, so as a professional athlete, would you not want to play in the best league in the world of your sport? by your logic, Alphonso Davies should have stayed longer in the MLS just for canadian soccer fans and to win in a lesser league instead of going to Bayern Munich while still quite young.

fan selfishness is not a legitimate premise for arguing a player to come to your team.

1 Like

I put a smiley face. Guess I should have used a wink. It’s all in jest. Apologies. I don’t know who Alphonso Davies is

1 Like

heh don’t apologize.

also lifts up rock HOW THE F DO YOU NOT KNOW FONZIE DAVIES? lol :joy:

he’s a canadian football, er soccer, player who is likely one of the best backs in the world right now.

1 Like

Thanks for heads up on that. Cheers

Way to ruin my weekend! :hear_no_evil:

Could have been worse I guess....."Drew signs withRiders" might have made me puke.

2 Likes

Does 4-year NFL pro Ryan Hunter's signing with Toronto upset your stomach too? He's Canadian and probably every bit as good as Drew Desjarlais. Now THERE'S a lucky break. Toronto's offensive line just got a whole lot better.

1 Like

Nah, it just makes me fart.

1 Like

So you'd... have a gas? :grinning:

1 Like

Well okay then, why can't you have both the Potato Forts and the Kidnap Team?

I must have missed something here at some point. :thinking:

Just bring Streveler back however you do it, and he will be playing and thank you later at all his parties too!

2 Likes

Maybe go easy on the potato forts at breakfast, lunch, and dinner perhaps then too?

2 Likes

If we could just lure this guy north...

3 Likes