Bomber News and Discussion 2022 (Other than free agency)

That’s a great point. Division losses come back to bite when it comes to tie breakers.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hey all, I know it’s your room and your rules, so I guess it’s allowed for any commenter to be saucy with us like this too?

Thank you for taking my call again. I’ll go ahead and hang up and listen now.

1 Like

Alright then Chris, finish it up!

Now with the convenient distraction of euphoria after a fluke of a win due chiefly to the Browns inexplicably taking a serious dump on their own grounds again along with all their “dawgs” from that so-called “dawg pound” of theirs, well now folks there is your chance to kidnap Streveler after his next game on the active roster woohoo!

If you missed the draft of the plot, please scroll up a few.

Shoot, even as a member of the honourable opposition calling into this fine show of yours, I would even help you for this one because MetLife Stadium is not terribly far and I know the area and have some family not far away.

1 Like

I’m assuming he didn’t actually get into the game. Does anyone know if he did?

I couldn’t find Streveler on the roster for the Jets’ games this season. I think he’s still on the practice roster. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think he has dressed yet.

https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58856/CLE_Gamebook.pdf
https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58846/NYJ_Gamebook.pdf

Could it be too much to hope that Drew Desjarlais might find his way back into a Bomber uniform?

https://3downnation.com/2022/09/20/new-orleans-saints-release-canadian-offensive-lineman-drew-desjarlais-from-practice-roster/

1 Like

heh i was just about to say it looks like the bombers might get Desjarlais back at guard. hmm just in time for stretch run and playoffs too.

1 Like

Last I heard Streveler had been transferred to the active roster.

Here’s another former Bomber Great we’re following:

2 Likes

Well there now Kidnap Team, you have double plus the work at your hands to kidnap them both after this weekend!

Work on the augmented plan now when nobody is watching, but don’t overcomplicate just scratch it out on a whiteboard or in the dirt so that you avoid digital tracking and roll on with the vehicle exchange here in the US.

There’s no time for lodging of course, but you can find help and safety for this important mission here in Philadelphia if you have to pass through here.

1 Like

i heard from Farahan that Desjarlais is waiting for another NFL chance before coming north. so he may show up in time for playoffs.

also, i love Streveler, and i’m glad he’s on active roster. i think we may have seen the last of him in the CFL. he’ll be on an NFL roster somewhere, whether it’s the jets or some other team that picks him up, and he’ll get his NFL pension too!

1 Like

We all want Streveler to get his pension. If he doesn’t stay on the active or practice rosters forever I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back in the CFL. That probably won’t be this year and won’t necessarily be with the Bombers if he is offered starter money somewhere else.

3 Likes

i love Strevvy - i do hope he comes back to CFL. but i wish him success in his NFL dream even more than that. he’s a good dude.

3 Likes

Paulo, we don’t have a ‘Kidnap Team’ here at Bomber Nation. What we have is an extraordinary amount of potatoes. We boil them, we fry them… we even use them to build ‘Potato Forts’ during the summer months because we miss the snow so much. And this is how we get talented players to come to Winnipeg and sign up at a huge discount. It’s the potatoes.

3 Likes

I am glad you told him that we don’t have a kidnap team. :wink:

2 Likes

lmao hilarious. now i want a big plate of fries :yum:

2 Likes

Well to be perfectly honest we DID have a kidnap team until other teams caught on and wanted what we had… so (you guessed it) they kidnapped our kidnap team.

3 Likes

And now for something completely different.

Congratulations to Joe “Pop”lawski for being inducted to the Blue Bomber Ring of Honour. What a most deserving accolade for a truly amazing receiver and a great person.

Joe won, earned a lot of hardware in his day, but that ‘84 Team and Grey Cup (my first as a Bomber fan) were unbelievable and he was a huge part of both.

For those of you who weren’t around or able to see him play in person or on tv, the closest current Bomber receiver in terms of playing style and mannerisms is Drew Wolitarsky. When you see 82, think 71. I have flashbacks. So many similarities. Fearless, reliable, great route running and hands and even better person.

3 Likes

Heard it on CJOB today. He’s being inducted during the last game of the year against BC. Joe was saying how he was working at a manual labour job for $2.25 an hour when he was offered a contract that was equivalent to 7 years of pay at that job. He is one of the Bomber greats.

1 Like

Joe Poplowski was awesome!

rookie of year in 78? i think. maybe 79.

2 time MOC in 80s

i vaguely remember him kicking too

1 Like