Bomber News and Discussion 2022 (Other than free agency)

That’s awesome Paolo. Never seen it before. Not a huge Jimmy Fallon fan but he did a great job here.

2 Likes

I have a feeling any of us on here would quickly be sent to hospital!

1 Like

Ay I see well maybe then somebody should just grab a 2-4 now too, injure themselves stretching out, and just take one to the hospital for the team for a meeting after the game after hopefully a victory against those nasty cat-folk!

I don’t like those cat ladies anyway either!

Another great SNL Tim Tebow video.

https://youtu.be/euUaOw7jXFw

2 Likes

I just read on the Bomber site that Bighill is close to passing Battle for 8th all time in tackles.

3 Likes

Couture is a huge miss. Whatever scant yards Bomber runners were attaining will be cut by 10 to 30%. Instead of a 2.9 yd average - Bomber runners will now be hard-pressed to be in the 2.0 to 2.2 yd per gain range!

WOw

Well I know you are all about solutions too, so what do you propose to do about the weather and what should be done for the running game?

I mean c’mon they don’t have Tim Tebow and we don’t request divine intervention of course, but what do you say?

Thank you for taking my call again. I will go ahead now and hang up and listen.

1 Like

I think we should trade the current weather away for next year’s weather and a fourth round draft pick.

As for our running game, those dragon boats from the Forks would be perfect this evening for floating our RB’s over Hamilton’s defense. They could use the oars for clubbing defenders who try to board the boat as it paddles down stream… I mean ‘down field’.

According to CJOB the players WON’T be allowed onto the field until 7:15. That takes the 7:30 start off the table.

2 Likes

Delays already? Groan.

1 Like

In all my pre-game viewing experience, this announcement often means the first of many delays coming.

Anybody there, is there lightning now too or not?

I live about 5k away. Looks like lightning has stopped.

I tuned in ESPN2 about 7:15 Central to be ready for the kickoff. After the lacrosse game ended, I was surprised something other than our football game started up. I checked the CFL website and the kickoff countdown was at zero with no other info. Next I went to ESPN's website without finding out what was happening. I finally tuned in CJOB online and learned of the weather delay. Looks like I'll need to tune in CJOB even when I won't be listening to the game there.

1 Like

On the game tracker thread someone said it is on ESPN 2 so it should be. Just a half hour or so weather delay. Game has started now.

Thanks, you’re right. I got back to E2 in time for the kickoff. It’s just that ESPN has been a bit troublesome for me the previous couple seasons.

1 Like

Love his never quit attitude. He’s HOF material.

1 Like

CJOB far more reliable than TV networks. I love listening to Paul do
Jets game while watching on TV. If it wasn’t for the 10 second delay. As i’ve stated beforr on this blog, Edmonds has that old style broadcast style where his voice is loaded with tension, anticipation and comparisons… anyone remember the great Danny Galivan
and his “cannonadiang shot” and going away back Jim Keiback announcing the old Brandon Wheat Kings and I believe, Winnipeg Warriors. Some U.S. NHL announcers broadcast that way.
Personally I thought Dennis Beyak was slightly boring but as you csn see i’m an old guy from the old school.

2 Likes

For at least a half I used to have the volume turned down for Bomber Game TV broadcasts while CJOB’s Bob Irving was handling the play by play. He was THAT good.

1 Like

I did the same as Bob told it like it was and didn’t gloss the Lilly and feed us network pap. I did enjoy the old CBC T V crew especially Ernie Afganis ( spelling ?) who was a fine colour man with infinite knowledge of the game and their stats man whose name I can’t remember but he kept the broadcast team up to speed on past and latest. It seems like the TSN crew just throws stuff out there hoping we will buy in.
Last TSN complaint… honest…
Replaying four times in a row really distracts me and interrupts the flow of the game in my estimation. I understand and appreciate it on close, controversial plays but on a regular pass or running play ? Does anyone else think like me ?

1 Like

Good job there Winnipeg.

That @Maaax apparently took another one for the team and marinated himself in barbecue sauce during much of the lightning storm and the game for reasons that still remain quite unclear, but I'll allow it? :thinking: :no_mouth:

In some other inexplicable way, such antics appear to have helped the kicking game immensely and even in those heavily adverse conditions.

Behold the unexplained. No, it's not the damn aliens again.

Now I'm not sure if Max got up today all saucy again or fricasseed to a charred crisp, so somebody else should check on him again as we move on with the other games tonight.

2 Likes