Bomber News and Discussion 2022 (Other than free agency)

I can't remember a single AFL Game. When the Lions signed him nobody thought he'd become one of the best (I must be careful here) CFL QB's ever. His first year wasn't so great but after that he pretty much ruled the roost.

I thought it was an interesting read. Enjoy! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Did Buck Pierce replace Dave in BC ? When my Bride and I went to those $1.00 Bomber games un 61-62 Joe Capp was BC QB. He was one tough ombre' I remember a game in which he literally dragged himself around on one leg but finished it. He and Willy Fleming were a dynamite duo. When Joe went south to Vikings I recall a playoff game where the other defence was really laying it on him. Joe came up to the line and told the defence he was coming to get them. At the snap he climbed the his centre's back and stomped them. If I remember correctly, the NFL passed a rule that prevented that move after the incident. My great fav was Jerry James. Don't know whether you've read the book
"Kid Dynamite" about Gerry. I have a couple of stories about him after football that took place in mid 60s in Sask where I lived and travelled that I witnessed first hand. If your interested send me you e mail and i'll tell them too you. He was the stuff legends were made if.

1 Like

Too bad we can't go to anymore of those $1.00 games. The decimal point moved over a couple places.

If you want to share stories via email just click on a name icon and then select 'Message' to send emails to anyone on these forums.

Yep. A lot of this discussion sounds about right today too.
/sips water at work
//thinking about the beer after work already after a dry night last night

1 Like

So I got word and looked it up and wow, thunderstorms are at hand there for most of the next 24 hours and then some.

It's going to be a wet one. Is the running game ready?

So though the forecast for rainfall is not at the levels of Florida, I wonder how bad the lightning will be and if there will be those delays.

1 Like

It could be ugly. Thunderstorms can get wicked around here. Too bad because we’ve had some nice weather lately.

At least the weather should keep the UFO’s away.

2 Likes

Well in all seriousness, all you keep safe up there with all that rain and lightning then.

Otherwise, well I'm not buying into any of the alien abduction lore but well, you should avoid those too.

2 Likes

T Storms are hard to predict so far in advance, we'll see if there are any delays.
Don't think there's any massive amounts of rain coming though, just the usual quick and hard.

2 Likes

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/20/ticats-bombers-injury-reports-evans-limited-to-start-week/

The Bombers have placed Couture on the six game injury list and Rose on the one game. Houston will be starting in his spot. Otherwise it appears that no one else new is injured for tonite’s game.

2 Likes

We're deploying our nastiest genetically modified mosquitos for this game. They've been altered to eat Tigercat Players only.

3 Likes

"The usual quick and hard" is what most of our female fans complain about.

3 Likes

Here in Winnipeg the lightning travels around in street gangs and listens to rap music.

2 Likes

Ah ha I see. Such tactics follow the catty strategy as @Jon had invoked a few days ago.

Get your caffeine now everybody given the increasingly cerebral ramblings of this thread.

Such heightened insights as these have nothing to do with those aliens somebody was chattering though, but maybe those planets in an unusual alignment now and for a few days have something to do with this all.

3 Likes

Looks like the light show might stay to the South & East, according to the radar on weathernetwork. Who knows if something pops up when it cools though.

1 Like

Couts out is not good. Pretty sure they're working the phones right now....

I'll always remember Westwood arguing like the Dickens with his co-host Jim "The Sloth" Toth . . . . a guy who was as dumb as a bag of hammers yet continues to get gigs in radio - cuz he's got "good hair".
One day I thought Westy was gonna beat the crap out of Toth, it was that bad.

1 Like

No question Legghio has the power. He just doesn't have a grooved swing thru the ball - YET. Kinda like that old CFL passer, Joe '747' Adams - - - who could toss balls nearly 90 yards but the ball was usually caught by - THE TURF.

1 Like

Leaf & Father Tebow were definitely up there in terms of massive NFL quarter-backing flops! 2 of the worst 5 to be sure!

2 Likes

Not only I do agree in substance here, though I will point out that Tebow's only saving grace in the NFL was

1. Tebow managed to engineer a playoff win and upset and
  2. Tebow inspired a parody song, which we learned after the fact was admittedly enjoyed by David Bowie himself!

"Tim Tebow to Jesus Christ ..."

Ah, it was only 11 years ago and yet often simpler and more fun times already ...

2 Likes

Does this mean one of you all in here who are local might suit up tonight?

You best warm up now and bring extra socks and shoes and undergarments.