Bomber News and Discussion 2022 (Other than free agency)

I try not to imagine what the Rider fans are going through right now. Ever since that nightmarish crossbar ending to their Grey Cup aspirations in 2019 it’s been one bad acid trip after another. :grimacing:

4 Likes

LOL, thats a great way to describe it :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Well then may I suggest we continue not to imagine because blessedly that bad trip of theirs is very far from over?

So a bye week and then a home game against BC, which is the team you last played. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This sounds like a good chunk of time to fart around and then what for that game a glorified scrimmage?

1 Like

Chris Streveler remains on the practice squad of the New York Jets.

In that division, forget it no other team wants him I don't think.

So where to go?

Or back to your Plan A there Kidnap Team!

Steal him now and smuggle him over for next season whilst nobody is paying attention before some NFL team steals him.

Sure your kidnapping antics may be somewhat rough and mildly upsetting to him of course after he gets wind after all the mayhem of a party in the back of a rental truck is on the wane, but these are menial considerations given the big picture and to help out the CFL with its quarterback issues.

2 Likes

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/10/24/bombers-injury-report-demski-sits-out-monday/

Above is the updated Bomber injury report. It appears that many of the wounded are on their way back including Nicholls from a personal matter and Jeffcoat.

It is my understanding that Hansen and Nick Taylor are already done for the year. Perhaps Malcolm Thompson too. If anyone has any better info please post it.

2 Likes

Understood Agent Paolo.

We’ve already code named this mission, ‘Operation Kidnap Chris Streveler’ (it’s not a particularily clever code name but it’s really descriptive). Your Helicopter lifts off at 0900 hours tommorrow. Be there dressed in either full combat gear or somewhat arguementative gear. Either should suffice.

Good luck Agent Paolo. Bring Streveler back to the CFL using every means possible except money. Our cash on hand is kinda low. Last time I looked we only had 22 bucks in the kitty and we’ll need most of it to buy coffee and doughnuts.

Anyway just do the best you can with ‘Operation Kidnap Chris Streveler’ Agent Paolo! The free world is counting on you! :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

Ya doesn’t need all that expensive subterfuge and ya doesn’t have ta call me AJ. Get him to ditch the fur coat and cigar, dress him in a Tutu and spirit him away amongst a ballet troupe.
Of course a Tutu in his size would be expensive (and I agree, the current funds need to be retained for coffee and doughnuts) but could be recouped with a per diem acquired from having him dance the Nutcracker this Christmas.

2 Likes

We can recoup our Tutu expense through a Nutcracker per diem? Why didn’t anyone else here at Blue Bomber HQ think of that?!

I like the cut of your jib Dibs. Your kind of thinking is top drawer. Why a guy like you can go far in this organization. I’m talking Executive Membership to the truckstop bathroom itself (your very own keys on the hook behind the front counter). If your idea lands the Streveler Account I’ll make it all happen. :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Depth chart for tomorrow stolen from another thread. Looks like most starters back but obviously will be limited playing time for many.

Among the returning are Jeffcoat, Nichols, Ellingson and Wolitarsky that I noticed. Also Demski out which is not surprising as he is nicked up.

It’s just a fart game anyway and a cold night for a seasonal wave of great food and all the hot air to follow be it on the field, in the stands, or at home.

Why not?

Everybody needs to settle down and get back in their groove before the playoffs anyway.

1 Like

With Dalton Schoen leading and probably finishing on top in the TD stats for the season, all they need out of him is 17 yards so he can break the Bomber rookie yardage totals and call it a day.

It’s more important, IMHO, to get Wolitarsky and Ellingson back into game shape and give Brandon O’Leary Orange more targets.

As for the defence, moving Bighill from the middle to WLB is interesting but given the front 4 will have a good rotation going to (hopefully) stop the run, it seems like a good move.

Also going to be interested in watching Tyrell Ford at CB.
I would think the Lions will be targeting that side more with 2 rookie DBs back there. Brandon Alexander won’t be too far away though.

The Lions are scary good on both sides of the ball. It will be a great game, chess match if you will, regardless of how long both teams keep their star starters in the game.

Just food for thought. Rourkes lowest completion % and Adams second lowest completion % was against the Bombers. Does it mean anything tomorrow? Stay tuned.

2 Likes

Is it Brats and Beans night at IG FIELD… :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I could go for this with beef or turkey sausage plus plenty of beer.

This is a slice of heaven on an autumn night.

Of course I am single and that helps a whole lot, and well some of you in your situation for sure might have to sleep in another room, in the garage, in a shed, in a barn, or even book your own hotel room for a night or two given the fallout.

I don’t want anybody to have relationship issues again over this artificial heat wave.

Well alright, I have not been there in years please do understand but I do have my sister’s family nearby.

I will talk to the folks who run things in nearby Secaucus again I suppose.

It’s a very safe and quiet place near MetLife stadium, and nobody will notice I assure you.

There is no need for any code names now. I will take care of the rental truck, and maybe we can arrange something even with Purolator again along with a bunch of donated food.

Delivery will be to the 50-yard line of IG Field in the dark of night. We’ve already taken care of stadium security.

Start up a collection of items from everybody’s refrigerators if necessary, but have a full breakfast ready for him at dawn.

2 Likes

Understood Agent Paolo. We’ll have the Blue Bomber Command Submarine standing by off the coast of New York at 1100 hours tommorrow to pick you up just as soon as we figure out where it sank.

On the food front we’ve managed to scrounge one Kraft Dinner and a 50% off coupon that was stuck to the side of the box. Keep up the good work Agent Paolo! :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

If I may add to this…as extra incentive…

Maybe someone could ninja into a movie theatre and grab a few of those leftover round and round 3 day old wieners, parts unknown, out of the roundy round machine. Mmmm.

Can you get someone around to that Maax? Maybe Kramer? Agent 99?

Streveler is a big boy, he’s gonna require some protein.

2 Likes

Which 50-yard line is it? We can’t be getting sloppy at this stage.

3 Likes

No dice BestinBlue. The last time I went to our local theatre and asked the grey haired manager to see his old weiner he threw me out. I’m just not good at that sort of thing.

1 Like

Ah, nuts :wink:

2 Likes