Bomber News and Discussion 2022 (Other than free agency)

As promised (threatened?), I am starting a general team discussion forum for Bomber fans, although all are welcome and definitely encouraged to participate under forum rules. It is my intention that this thread stay for a while and be used to discuss any topic of interest relating to the Bombers. Even though there may be nothing specific now, I am betting there will be over time and would like to see Bomber fans become a little more involved with their team on this forum. I would suggest that over the next week or so that Bomber related free agency discussion be held on the free agency thread created over the weekend and that that thread be allowed to die when the free agency period is done. All other topics could be hosted by this thread.

3 Likes

Is this now the other 'other thread'? If so count me in. We can't have too many Bomber discussion threads that don't get wrecked by nasty posts. By my last count that was maybe... this one?

2 Likes

Yes, this is intended to be the current non trolling infested thread for all things Bombers and it is my hope that the other thread started by a non Bomber fan will be abandoned.

There is a separate free agency thread for this week’s expected excitement which should run its course in a relatively short period of time. This thread is intended as a general thread and intended to last a little longer.

1 Like

Okay. Let's get 'er done. I'm on this thread now. :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

I got a big question......I've tuned into almost every game for the past 30 years...whether at a wedding or the lake, home or at the stadium.
Missed a few about 5 years ago when it felt hopeless, but that was it.

Loved listening on the radio, as I'm sure many of you did too. Grew up hearing Bob's voice and it's going to be wierd for sure not having him on the radio calling a Bomber game.
Who do they have taking his spot? Guessing Brown stays on, but he will he be the main guy? Maybe Westwood? :thinking:

1 Like

As long as it's not 'Siri'. Is there a tryout in the works? Any rabid Big Blue fan with radio voice should apply. Lots of podcasters out there these days. I'll bet CJOB finds the next voice of the Bombers if they look in the right place. Maybe they already found him (or will it be a 'her' this time?!). :thinking:

That’s a good question. I don’t know if there is anyone waiting in the wings. Maybe tryouts as suggested. Maybe someone we already know such as Bryan Munz or Paul Edmonds. A good play by play guy is harder to find than a colour guy and almost always a professional. I loved Curt Keilback in the day, but he’s probably retired. Wouldn’t surprise me if the Bombers had some warning of Bob’s retirement and have been on the case.

1 Like

Keilback...was he the guy that would say "Nuuummminnnneeeennnn"??

I don’t remember him doing that but could be. He was, in my opinion, the Jets best play by play guy ever. Dennis Beyak has the competence of Bob Cole in his dementia days, without the voice. Keilback and Irving both have the voice.

Why are we opening up vs Ott? Doesn't the season historically open how it ended - with a grey cup repeat??

1 Like

Not sure why. Probably practical scheduling reasons. This was noted when the schedule came out. I believe the GC rematch is week 2 instead. So much for building a tradition. Even the NFL keeps the Lions playing on Thanksgiving even though no one wants to watch them.

1 Like

Lots of ex Bombers on that card. Too bad we never got a chance to play them lastyear.

1 Like

Should consider a her. Rod Pederson was rumored to be the guy before Christmas. He'll be good if true.

Possibly saving it for a future press release or not.

1 Like

Absolutely. It will actually be interesting to see how the newly bought Redblacks will fare against the champs. I am guessing that no matter how good they may be, that it will be hard to find instant chemistry in game 1.

1 Like

What #'s are fans expecting from Harris this year? I think he'd get in likely 12 ish games, and should come close to 1000 combined yards.
At any rate, he should break the 10K mark, the question is when. Could he start with a bang and do it during his 3rd game vs WPG on July 4th?

2 Likes

It’s certainly possible. My biggest concern about Harris would be how healthy he will be. He’ll be 35 and apparently didn’t show up in great shape last year, although I doubt he’ll repeat that. Some elite athletes his age start piling up the injuries, but it could be that last year was the exception. I don’t think any Bomber fans want him to do poorly. I know I don’t. But as long as he plays for a team starting MBT I don’t expect him to make the Grey Cup game.

:+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

You also have to wonder about being behind a different line.

3 Likes

I believe Chris walby has some experience calling Bombers play by play,
Westwood & Walby would make a good team? IMO

Previously questioned above,
Bombers Grey Cup rematch (at home) face Hamilton game #3 June 24, Toronto game #4 July 4th,that's a good time for AH to top 10K,

1 Like

I think that will be a significant factor.

2 Likes

THAT'S exactly what I'm wondering about too. What kind of year is he going to have running through holes that aren't there. Our line BLASTED them open.