bomber and montreal game

Excellent post dp. . . couldn't agree more. . . just one little quibble. . . though he tried, he did not trade Glenn, but rather released him (and Hamilton picked him up gratis; Obie had called his bluff).

OK first thing is first, would anyone rather see Lefors start or Bishop? Bishop has great potential he is a veteran starter he needs a offensive plan built around him. This offense Kelly is running is pure nonsense and everyone knows it. When put in shotgun Bishop can do great things. There will always be a need for a clipboard holding back up in this league and thats where Stefan Lefors should stay. My point being, there are no other quarterbacks available for us that are better then Michael Bishop. No we won't bring in some idiot with a big ego who thinks he is god (we already have mike kelly) I'm talking about Printers, so get over it. How can anyone expect Bishop to do anything when we start from our 20 yard line or less every return or have no receivers open?
Our only hope is our 'coach' scraps his whole offensive plan and builds one around Bishops strengths and weaknesses which would involve adimitting he was wrong. Picking up some better receivers and a kick returner couldn't hurt either but thats 2 whole other issues.

I doubt Bishop has any potential at this point. . . I think what you see is what you get. . . a guy with a great arm but poor decision-making, can’t read a defence, overthrows too much, and will have a sub-50% completion rate, and more interceptions than TDs.

That’s always been the book on him his whole CFL career, and at age 33 I don’t see any potential for improvement; he is what he is. Now changing the offensive scheme is a heck of a good idea; it’s difficult to do one third of the way into the season, but what choice do the Bombers have?

And your first point last. . . I"d rather, at this stage, see Bishop; watching LeFors trying to run that offence is painful.

I guess you didn’t hear the part where he invited fans to fight after the game last night…

We all thought Doug Berry was bad. Kelly is far a bigger A#@ than Berry.