Bold predictions for the EDSF

I hope Steinauer realizes that because Ray's shoulder is wonky, because Hazelton and Elliott (WRs) are both out, and because Milanovich has elected to play both Whitaker and Kackert, the Argos are going to try to move the ball almost exclusively by running it/dump passes to the flat.

this thread is for BOLD predictions… you are weak, you must leave this thread.

My gut says we lose. Too demoralized and banged up. That doesn't make me a negative nelly or Debbie downer. It just makes me another predictor. Anything can happen yes, but the Argos have a good chance of picking us off while we're hurting.

this defence is going to eat Ray raw. Specials will eat Patrick Swayze Waters raw. Masoli will dine upon arhols all day.

that last part doesnt sound right :expressionless:

channeling my inner canadianfootballfan (exPats bff :smiley: )

youre a beta, you must leave the island! jk

It looks like a beautiful day for football this morning so lets get er' started!

Perfect day to host the Eastern Semi Final!

Feels like  Ti-Cats  27  -  Bleew  23

Last minute drive by them fails , :cowboy:
We are going to Red & Black Ottawa.

smells like victory out there!!

Displaced: Take it easy. You know Tom is right. No amount of rah-rah will change that.
Most of us know full well we will have one huge uphill battle this afternoon if we want to win this game.
The only thing I would add in response to his post is that ANYTHING can happen once the game starts. If our guys want this game badly enough they will go full bore until the final whistle, make plays, avoid stupid penalties and smother Ray.
The game IS winnable but you can’t ignore the fact that we are banged up badly and the team is a pale imitation of what it was at the beginning of the season.
It’s games like today that can bring the best out of underdogs.
Tiger-Cats 27-24. :thup: :thup: :thup:

That might be the one prediction that will come true no matter what…

some keys to winning this game
(1) use Tasker and Fantuz a lot
(2) a strong running game
(3) Both front lines do their part
(4) No head bunting penalties
(5) No turn overs
(6) strong special teams
(7) Keep lots of pressure on Rickie Ray
(8) Mazoli has to show he is for real and can get the job done.
Other than that we should win this game.

Here are a few of my "bold" predictions:

1-Cats D and Special Teams return to early season form, score 10+ points and give us good to great field position all day!

2-A red zone turnover by one or both teams.

3-Game is decided by one score (8 points or less).

4-Speedy-B gets into the end zone.

5-No flag on prediction #4.

I thought about including that one, but I didn’t think it was “bold” enough.

Now that’s bold.

I’m going to claim 4 of 10, plus partial points on three others.

No dice for these ones:

1) Reinebold has one more special teams trick play up his sleeve, and it works 3) Chad Owens fumbles, [u]and[/u] drops an important pass 6) Sinkfield proves that his 4.19 score in the 40 was no fluke, with a 50+ yard play
[u]Debatable on these ones:[/u]
4) Argos lose their cool, draw penalties totalling 30 yards on a single play
No double penalty, but I'll certainly take the two roughing the passer penalties that led to field goals for us. The face mask on the Banks kickoff return was also huge.
5) Emanuel Davis scores another TD after a spectacular interception
Half right. INT, but no TD.
9) Crowd noise forces Toronto to take a time out when they didn't want to
No time out, but Ray lost a down when he couldn't get the play off at the end of the first half.

But here’s the good part:

2) Masoli completes more 20+ yard passes than Ray
Believe it or not, the stats show Grant with a 42-yarder and Underwood with a 20-yarder, while only Owens had a 20+ yard catch for the other guys. Five of their players had catches between 15 and 19 yards.
7) CJ Gable rediscovers his 2013 "human highlight reel" form with an open field hurdle or other evasive maneuver
Check. Some great fourth quarter running by CJ included a classic spin move.
8] Argos secondary collapses with one broken coverage play of mythic proportions that allows us an easy TD
Bakari's TD catch.
10) Swayze "Dirty Dancing" Waters muffs at least one punt and one kick, as visions of his nemesis Speedy B distract him from the task at hand
Short punt in the first quarter that he didn't recover. As for field goals ... trying to recall here, but didn't he miss one or two at some point? Gotta watch out for that Swayze - sometimes it can cost your team.

Waters missed TWO field goals from the 40-yard line.

And the 2che DID drop a deep pass that would have put the blew team in FG range.

Owens did fumble, but he got it back.
Kudos to the OLine. They were much maligned, but had a great game.

I must have missed that. If you’re both right, I get to up my claim to 5 of 10. And I think it’s fair to say that there were no slam dunks on my list - far from it, in fact.

I watched on tv (I live in BC). He fumbled near centre field, but got it back. You wouldn’t have noticed at the game.

Displaced: Take it easy. You know Tom is right. No amount of rah-rah will change that.
Most of us know full well we will have one huge uphill battle this afternoon if we want to win this game.
The only thing I would add in response to his post is that ANYTHING can happen once the game starts. If our guys want this game badly enough they will go full bore until the final whistle, make plays, avoid stupid penalties and smother Ray.
The game IS winnable but you can't ignore the fact that we are banged up badly and the team is a pale imitation of what it was at the beginning of the season.
It's games like today that can bring the best out of underdogs.
Tiger-Cats 27-24. :thup: :thup: :thup:
[/quote]
Close prediction: Ti Cats 25-Blews 22 !
You win !

Ex Pat - Re : #4 on Argos penalties - that RTP penalty that Wright took when we were on that game winning drive was HUGE for us as it gave us a “free” 15 yards. :smiley: :thup:

Unfortunately we could counter that with the fact that the Ticats gave up 42 yds in penalties on the Argos first TD score including back-to-back DPI calls. :frowning: :x