Bobblehead bobble

Exactly how am I being childish? I don’t think its unreasonable to be one of the first 5000 fans at the game and be disappointed at seeing people with bags full and for sale on Kijiji the next day.

the sense of entitlement by a certain faction of our fanbase is nauseating.

you didn’t get a free bobble head.

if you made the effort at the stadium (such as checking another gate) you would have had one.

instead your efforts are used to complain on the internet.

if you can’t see how childish you are being, why don’t you run it past some of your professional football buddies…maybe they can help you see the light.

I couldn’t make the game yesterday, so I have no skin in this…other than being a 40+ year STH.

But, seriously.

Giving more than one per person on entry into the stadium shouldn’t be that difficult. It sounds like many people received “several”, which is greedy and not in the spirit of a Fan Appreciation give-away. Yet… so, so, Hamilton.

At a Bulldogs playoff game last year, they put t-shirts on the seats prior to puck drop. People coming down from the concourse grabbing 4-5 at a time off of the seats and running back up to the concourse.

Nonsense.

Well I guess I must be a child like Garney. I arrived at 6:05 (earliest I could get there) and there was not any to be had. As for the “Many posters are advising they had bobble heads available well past 6:10.” There was just two, Hammertown Proud and Tipper. I know it’s only a bloody bobble head but it’s the principle of it. One per admission to the Tiger Cat game till there gone, for that matter it should have been season ticket holders.

I believe Crash also posted many were still available. He also advised that the gate he went through were strict about the 1 per person. Maybe that is why some gates had them longer than others. The ones that ran out were giving more than one per person away.

Sorry you guys didn’t get your free bobble head.

Frig, I wish I had grabbed one now, so I could give it to one of our hurt fans. It clearly would mean a lot, and something I didn’t consider.

Truth is I wasn’t interested in one until a young fan in a wheelchair asked me to grab him one because he was having a bad day and couldn’t make the game. Sorry my entitlement offends you Hammertown. One day I hope to be enlightened as you.

yah, I’m sure that’s why you were going to grab one.

you’re a freaking hero. ::slight_smile:

Was everyone pleased with the free cow bells that were being distributed outside Gate 1 by Niagara College, for at least 2 hours before the game.

Their volunteers were happily in a giving mood also, handing more than one to oodles of fans.

(no Tiger Cat logo on them, so Kijiji shouldn’t be flooded with offers to buy or sell)

My group came in Gate 1 some time around 5:15, and the bobbleheads were being given away at a table about 5 or 10 yards beyond the ticket scanners. There was no continuity between gate entry and bobblehead distribution, so it would have been easy for an unscrupulous person to approach the table multiple times.

why not give these out to all the Season Ticket Holders? In fact as a SEason Seat holder i feel like we dont get much in terms of giveaways. All be it the (built in pricing) of the FREE PLAYOFF ticket. I am not expecting the world but at least show some appreciation to your loyal fan base!

I would be interested to know if any of the people complaining about these BBHs has bothered to call the Tiger-Cat office to get their view on this?

If yes, then let us “hear” how they responded.
If not, let’s bring closure to this (tempest-in-a-tea-pot) thread.

Several people called on some other TiCat sites and I think we all know what they said!

Pretty sure the organization would have dropped everything and called an all-hands meeting to resolve the situation, given the critical importance of this incident.

Yes, that’s exactly what happened. Bob Young is going to be manning the distribution center himself next year when fan appreciation day takes place. It will be 4 days before kickoff of the Cats final game. Gates open at 1pm at the Halton High School championship so get there early !

That’s a big undertaking… Supply chain, forecasting, logistics, cost of goods/tariffs. :P:D

We are still talking about a next to useless, dust-collecting knick knack, right? I have to assume, that for some of us, there is some “principle? here that has somehow been violated, but for the life of me, getting into a lather over a bobblehead doll is really a stretch.

And who would actually pay $25 on an online market for one?

Somebody who already has everything else? Or, maybe somebody who didn’t waste their money and time buying tickets to attend the meaningless Saturday game? Or, maybe Mr. Happy will purchase one just to reinforce his Mr. Happy character.

I would love to know! I totally get the frustration , I felt it and I went an hour early to get one for a friend.

I read this morning that he’s working with BlackBerry to get a state of the art communications network set up in the stadium with a crisis response team centralized in both the east and west stands to ensure handout stations are evenly stocked. Bob himself will be in a helicopter circling THF day of, to monitor the situation.

I can say this… If you wanted one enough, you would have got one.