Bob Young...one person's opinion...(renamed)

Agree, Bob would have made more money in his pockets had he agreed to WH as it turned out. But the waterfront issue is much more important than a stadium and he and many others understood that.

Yes, I ignored it long enough but then people did take the bait.

It’s too bad that someone can hide behind a fake name and say whatever they want , make up lies etc against a “real person” We can all say things nasty things about other people on these boards but we are all hidden by fake identities. Bungle wouldn’t have the courage to post hateful things against Bob Young if he had to use his real name. But he can hide like a coward behind a mask.

why don’t the Mods delete the troll?

I sometimes take Bungle's bait because it is so easy to discredit his post and gives me or other posters a chance to say good things about the person or things Bungle tries to trash.

lol. google searches

:thup: 8)

Mr Bungle is an obvious troll, whenever he starts a thread we should all just completely ignore it and maybe he will go away.

Without question Bob Young has made quite a few mistakes, but as the old saying goes, "There are no perfect men, only perfect intentions". Bob Young is very good for this league and the Ticats.

on the football side of things, yeah. MRX, not so much

Bob Young and myself are very much alike - quirky and somewhat flaky - but with good intentions. The difference is I make $60 grand a year, he has considerably more money than that, and is also considerably more intelligent. :wink:

Sometimes I think this site is just full of old guys whining about everything negative about the CFL, may it be attendance, media coverage, stadiums, owners. Only league I know where there's more talking about the business then the game itself.

nothing to see here just another thread of rants and whining

But calgary, come on, it goes with the general theme of what Canadians love to talk about - the weather, too hot, too cold, too rainy... :wink:

And it's a credit to the game of Canadian football we don't talk about it since it's the best game in the world! No talking required! :wink:

No Bob Young, No Cats...they fold a decade ago

People are only willing to lose so much money to keep things afloat.

Some people in Hamilon and S. Ont. wished Bob Young never came along as they believe that the CFL is hurting Toronto's chances of getting an NFL team and don't care about their own country's league. Those people are the real failures in my mind.

I fully admit I don’t like the looks of it externally, but other than that it seems great. I am a strong supporter of artistic design for significant buildings/infrastructure/venues…does not make or break the facility by any means though

Mr. Young is a smaller version of Mr. Braley.
The latter has saved the league many times over while the former has saved the Cats.
From this loyal CFL fan, thank you both for shelling out your hard earned money and efforts.

depopulationINC wrote: I fully admit I don't like the looks of it externally, but other than that it seems great. I am a strong supporter of artistic design for significant buildings/infrastructure/venues...does not make or break the facility by any means though
Well at least it's not as "artistic" as Beijing's bird nest stadium. :wink: I wonder if the architect was on uppers or something when he drew up this one. :o

I should be such a failure!

Mr Young

A thousand thanks for taking on the TiCats when no one else would. The majority of the fans on this site love the CFL game and are forever in your debt.

'nuff said

I hadn’t heard this before.
Seriously??

I wish the “NFL in Toronto” thing would vanish.
IT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

As Roger Goodell himself has said: “Toronto has stadium issues”.
No kidding. A stadium too small for the NFL (with no facilities for traditional NFL tailgating parties) and too large for the CFL.
Torontonians should show that they support the football team they already have and stop pining for one they won’t get for a very long time, if ever.

I thank Bob Young for his commitment to the CFL. :thup: