Bob Young IS sticking around folks!

In today's paper:

"The only time the fans should actually be worried is once we've fixed this and we've won four or five Grey Cups in a row and we're hugely profitable and there's nothing left to accomplish with this thing."

Thank you Mr. Young, this is what I was hoping to hear, combined with what you said recently about admitting your made mistakes on how the team is logistically operated. You and the entire organization have my continued support and I think most other true Cat fans continued support for years to come.

You got that right, Earl! In spades!

I never had any doubt.

Thanks Bob I needed to here that !!!!!

support'em when they win; support'em when they lose.

I ain't goin' no where's. Be there with bells on!!

What an idiot!!!

(Disclaimer: I'm am NOT really calling anyone an idiot here. Except Bob. And only as a joke because he called himself an idiot the other day. If read properly, it's really a compliment. I hate having to explain my jokes, but hey, what'cha gonna do, snakes on a plane. See the first line of my sig for further clarification.)

Re-once we've fixed this and we've won four or five Grey Cups in a row and we're hugely profitable and there's nothing left to accomplish with this thing." but Bob wont 6 grey cup,s be a record? im sure you would have to go for it :stuck_out_tongue:

Good one JFL, along the lines of Bob Young hating his fans. Hopefully people know of this quote also. 8)

Its a great article and kudos to Bob aka caretaker :thup: Great job putting bums in the seats :thup: I have two comments:

1. It said that Bob paid 2 million for the Tigervision actually DOFASCO put up 2 million not Bob!

2. My biggest consern is I don't believe Bob's philosophy of that 25000+ will pay for a losing team anymore :roll: How many people were left sitting in the stands in the fourth QTR last game? People are fed up and the attitudes have changed winning is everything now all the hype and marketing is wearing very thin with people !

THE BIG W :twisted:
I come to watch football all the other VANILLA mumbo jumbo marketing hype I don't care about! Its very sad when people pay $$ to see garbage on the field.

Where has the tough steeltown team gone that prides itself on playing tough hardnosed football :?

Tough hardnosed football will be coming back cats99 now that the era of running the team more by consensus and committee is over and done with and kept to a minimum.

Another interesting point that Bob made was the mistakes he made in the team's organizational structure. He has now learned that at all levels of Football Operations, there has to be ACCOUNTABILITY.

Yes sig, maybe in the computer business this isn't needed, or even wanted, but in the sports business and other businesses it appears it is. But he went out on a limb and tried, give him credit though for trying something different.

PS. He could afford to try something new.

That's great news Bob.

Um, I really don't think Dofasco paid for the scoreboard. I might be wrong, but aren't they just sponsors?

1. It said that Bob paid 2 million for the Tigervision actually DOFASCO put up 2 million not Bob!
Mr Young put up the money out of his own pocket to design, build and erect it and then sent out his marketing men (and women..who do know a lot about football) to get a sponsor for it. And some wonder why he is a smart successful businessman (or woman)...oops..dont want to start THAT rumour