BOB YOUNG AND THE FANS

:? what bob young needs to do at the end of the season is to have an open house and a town meeting with then fans and season ticket holders,he has got to convince them that he is trying to make this thing work.As of now the ticats could not beat the reigning CIAU CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!! BOB COULD COMISERATE WITH THAT OTHER LOSER IN THE AREA...... RALPH WILSON!!!!!!!!!

I don't think he needs that.... he's moving people to better positions, and the Ti-Cats have fired those who have not produced.

Actions speak louder than words.

You see actions not here them duhhh :lol:

Bob is, and continues, to make changes to improve the team. Sure, not all work, but at least he hasn’t given up on making the Tiger-Cats the most succesful team on and off the field.

Thanks Bob!!!

I would like Bob to buy me a hot-fudge sundae and then get the renovations on my house finished for me.

HEY MARK; THE WAY YOUNG BUILDS TEAMS YOU DON'T WANT HIM WORKING ON YOUR HOUSE UNLESS YOU WANT TO FREEZE THIS WINTER!!!!! I JUST WISH HE COULD BUY THE N.E. PATRIOTS AND GO AND RUIN THEM I HATE THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!

no accounting for taste

This board reveals a lot of latent anger. It might be worth my while to go back to counselling and build a practice specifically geared at sports fans.

Bob Young pays the bills that keep this team afloat from week to week. Unfortunately, it's a team with some serious problems, partly due to his decisions (e.g. hirings). On the other hand, he has made some decisions this week to turn things around (with the endorsement of most of the fans). Bob Young would be welcomed in Ottawa if you think he's worn out his welcome in Hamilton.

If not for Young, there's a good possibility that there'd be no team in Hamilton--you'd have to cheer for the Argos.

An Argo fan

Go yank yourself, troll.

I have been very critically vocal about many of the moves made in the past couple of seasons by the Ticats and I'm sure that Mr. Young has had the final say on most of them.
Lets bear in mind, however, that unbeknownst to him he had the wrong people in charge of football operations and coaching.
That being said, Mr. Young has always had an ear for the desires of the fans. He obviously is aware of the importance of keeping the fans happy in order to secure a good bottom line.
For whatever, his reasons, Mr. Young has been showing me personally and I'm sure, many of us, that he is more than willing to make an all out effort to give us winning football.
I am very gratified at the recent changes made in the organization and since Mr. Young pays the bills, I whole heartedly thank him.
We certainly can't accuse this man of standing still as he has delivered a boat load of effort and cash to improve the plight of the Hamilton Tigercats.

right on

I have been very critically vocal about many of the moves made in the past couple of seasons by the Ticats and I’m sure that Mr. Young has had the final say on most of them.
Lets bear in mind, however, that unbeknownst to him he had the wrong people in charge of football operations and coaching.
That being said, Mr. Young has always had an ear for the desires of the fans. He obviously is aware of the importance of keeping the fans happy in order to secure a good bottom line.
For whatever, his reasons, Mr. Young has been showing me personally and I’m sure, many of us, that he is more than willing to make an all out effort to give us winning football.
I am very gratified at the recent changes made in the organization and since Mr. Young pays the bills, I whole heartedly thank him.
We certainly can’t accuse this man of standing still as he has delivered a boat load of effort and cash to improve the plight of the Hamilton Tigercats.

…and that’s why someone else will be sitting in my seats next year …after I don’t renew. :cowboy:

Did Katz know the OC and Oline coach wouldnt work out ?? NO !!!

We hear you. I'm personally in limbo and have left the renewal up in the air. I'm encouraged by what I see but still skeptical.

What I'm wondering about is the feeling that many of us are using the 'I won't renew' or 'I might not renew' as a threat made in the anger of our frustration.

Yes, I feel 'had' that the team is doing poorly. On the other hand, nobody in their right mind can believe that this mess was intentional. My feelings are themselves irrational- right now.

If this KEPT happening then one might speculate that the Ti-Cat management was either completely incompetent or totally insane.

However, respected outside observers say that, right now, they DON'T believe this to be the case.

Even so, personnel moves at the management level (including a self-demotion) have been made.

I do want to see results. I do want to be entertained. I do want to feel there's hope when I go to a game. And yes, none of these are about the vaunted 'game-day experience.' This hard-core fan wants results on the field.

Hard-core fans kept the team alive just long enough for Bob to buy it. They will always be needed because the fad fan moves on to the next experience.

My renewal plans are not now, nor will they ever be, a threat. They will be a simple response to economics and entertaiment/satisfaction value received. That equation hasn't been resolved for next year.

Hey, right now I'm being entertained by being on this board. I wouldn't feel as liklely to post if I didn't attend games so I even have to take that bit of entertainment value into my thinking.

Your the best owner in the league by far Bob. Thanks for all your hard work to give us a good team. :thup:

…makes sence but this board isn’t worth the price of seasons tickets either.

I posted this in another thread but it should be here too.

I would like to applaud Mr Young. He didn’t try to blame anyone but himself. Reminds me of another great leader this team had, Danny McManus. Doesn’t blame anyone but himself. The caretaker doesn’t take credit for all the good things the team has done but he stood up and takes the hit when it’s bad. Thank you Mr Young, you are a true Leader among men.

As for the fans in Limbo or not renewing their seasons tickets, I only wish I had the spare money to get seasons tickets. The Cats IMO are the Heart of the city and Mr Young you kept the heart here. Thank You.

Killic