Bob O'Billovich Retires

The guy was listed as VP football operations but now he's no longer listed anywhere. Its like he never existed. Did he retire, was he fired ? Strange that he would work in Hamilton for five years and vanish without saying a word.

He's taking a nap right now, shhhhhhhhhh !!

The most recent "official" word on O'B came with the Cortez firing:

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/article/tiger-cats-part-ways-with-cortez]http://www.ticats.ca/article/tiger-cats ... ith-cortez[/url]

December 18

Bob O'Billovich is also out as GM and is mulling over an offer to remain with the franchise as a consultant
[url=http://www.ticats.ca/article/syndicated/429151/austin-given-the-power-to-evaluate-from-the-top-down]http://www.ticats.ca/article/syndicated ... e-top-down[/url]

Key phrases from these december articles: "has been offered a position within the organization as a consultant to the President and the Football Operations staff" and "is mulling over an offer to remain with the franchise as a consultant". So they've invited Obie to have a consulting role, but not call the shots, and we don't know whether he's agreed to stay with the club on those terms.

Maybe Obie and Brian Burke can have a chat or two or a coffee, or otherwise. :wink:

i cant say he did us wrong but he also didnt build a dynasty but things are goin quite fine with out him wherever he is

HfxTC: Good question. But maybe you can change the thread title to spell his name correctly. :wink:

Flor-ida :lol: :thup: :rockin: semi retirement :lol:

Obie wasn't sleeping when he signed Chris Williams, Marcus Thigpen,Garret McIntyre, Justin Hickman,Markeith Knowlton, Jamal Johnson, Andy Fantuz, Smiling Hank, Chevon Walker, etc.. Wow, how soon we forget! :frowning:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

Thanks for bringing that up Pat.

This thread is bordering on becoming disrespectful and the Cocoon thingy from a visitor from the Als forum is not appreciated.
I know it is just in fun, but there is a proud man at the brunt of it.
Myself, I have a high regard for Obie.
I think when a person of Obies stature( just like Burke) is offered a consultants position it is just a nicer way of letting someone go and give them time to find another position or retire.
The Ticats are moving into the Austin era.
Lets just move on

Hear, hear!

:thup:

"The guy was listed as VP football operations but now he's no longer listed anywhere. Its like he never existed. Did he retire, was he fired ? Strange that he would work in Hamilton for five years and vanish without saying a word."

Perhaps, instead of feigning your concern for Obie's whereabouts, you should be worried about what's missing on your own team. Like the Als defense that disappeared without "saying a word". Or how about your special team "that never existed".

Obie is already 72 years old and has worked 7 years past the age that most people retire. I don't think he has anything left to prove and he sure as hell doesn't need the perpetual headache and stress of rebuilding the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. He's had a long and storied career and should go and relax in Florida on some beach.

lol at a ticats fan making fun of another team's performance last season... Come on man, we have no right to criticize any football team

"lol at a ticats fan making fun of another team's performance last season... Come on man, we have no right to criticize any football team"

With their mean spirited, insulting comments over the last few years about Bob O'Billovich (correct spelling), we have EVERY right to criticize the Als inadequacies. As pointed out earlier in this thread from Pat, Bob was responsible for bringing a lot of talent to this team, a number of them moving on the NFL. Yes, he had his shortcomings, but he did make the Tiger cats more competitive.

He does not deserve the disrespect that was dished out by the Als visitors to this forum.

So, rather than bad mouthing this team, they should be taking a hard look at their own. There's an equal amount there that needs to be repaired or replaced.

Long career?..Yes!

Storied???...That's highly debatable....

What are you talking about disrespect ? What GM disappears after five years without a press release or one word from him or the press ? My question is sincere. You obviously have no clue as anyone else if he retired, was fired or what.

“What are you talking about disrespect ? What GM disappears after five years without a press release or one word from him or the press ? My question is sincere. You obviously have no clue as anyone else if he retired, was fired or what.”

Perhaps, he wishes privacy at this time. Perhaps, he needs some space to think about whether he wants to continue or retire, or to see what other options are out there for him. Whether he is a public figure or not, he is entitled to that. Or are those difficult concepts for you to grasp?

No, I don’t know what happened with Bob. Frankly, that’s his business and not mine.

Totally agree. These posters (& one in particular) see nothing wrong in spouting total inaccuracies as long as it furthers their agenda of slagging the Ticats. I hope they remember it when their team hits a skid, which may happen sooner than they think.