Bob invest in Caliper tests...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=espnmag/bargnani

Here are the quotes about the tests which are near the bottom of the article:

For years, NBA teams have used the Caliper Profile to evaluate potential draft picks. The Caliper is a personality profile used by numerous corporations and organizations to measure one's capacity to excel in specific situations. Over the past 24 years, Caliper has assessed more than 20,000 athletes, including NBA players from Detroit, San Antonio, Denver and Phoenix. Colangelo has long been sold on the system. When he heard how Bargnani measured up, he nearly dropped the phone.

The test showed that Bargnani is virtually oblivious to what others think of him. And his tremendous ability to block out such potentially negative pressures enables him to focus completely on the task at hand. So the expectations and anxieties that come with being the No.1 pick, or the only Italian-born player in the league, or even taking a game-winning shot, don't even register with him.

I doubt any teams in the CFL use this test, and I think it would be perfect for scouting young q.b's to see if they have the mental toughness to make it in the pro's, or even a good test to assess coaches.

Do you think that we can afford only players who measure up to this system?

These perfect men come with hefty price tags.

Don't know if you guys have used any pre-employment tests, but it is my profession...and Caliper is MISERABLE example of one of these tests...it also showed guys like Steven Jackson and the other boys with Indiana were "stable" and good risks...the Raps used to use a RAEL test, but no one in the organization wanter to pay attention...

I've already offered to do intellignece testing for the club, at cost...I would do the same but WITHOUT Caliper...Bob, don't waste your money on this thing...

I prefer the Madden test: can you make plays? :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

lol, of coarse you want players who can make plays but you also want mentally tough, character guys who can handle playing in the hammer, not guys who whine about how tough we are on them cough Cheatwood cough.

Any tests that can find out if they'll choke under preasure or if they have addictive personalities, or whatever is a very good thing. You don't want to sign a db who is off the charts physically then find out that he has a slow reaction time because he stays up till 3 every night smoking the green stuff and will fall asleep in the film room every day.

Wouldn't such a DB be cut as soon as they find out that he's go more munchies than usual?