Bo Levi Injury

Different HC, OC, O-Line, Ronald Williams at RB, Danny and his quick release - all contributed to Danny being sacked fewer than TWENTY TIMES in his first two seasons.

But I agree that Calvillo wasn’t ready to be a starter - especially with the idiocy of the way those teams were structured and coached.

5 Likes

It’s actually well under 20, he was sacked 14 times in 98 and 99 combined. 7 per season.

3 Likes

A TiCat staffer told me years later he flat out refused to play his last game here because he feared for his health.

5 Likes

While I wish Shiltz well, I hope he and Maier fall flat on there faces, figuratively that is.

I’ll be cheering for Shiltz other than when he plays against Hamilton and BC.

6 Likes

That is a all time super stat. Unbelievable what a quick release and an offense based around it can do. Not to mention a fantastic offensive line.

1 Like

I believe the 9 sacks allowed for the entire season that was set by that ‘99’ club still stands as a record to this day for fewest sacks allowed in a season by any club.

2 Likes

Yeh, that one should stand forever, can’t see anyone doing that again. Add to the accomplishment that McManus wasn’t exactly a fleet of foot guy. Makes it all the more impressive.

3 Likes

I remember it only being 7. Maybe I’m remembering wrong.

No according to google I’m remembering wrong . I could’ve sworn that it was 9 . I remember thinking to myself that it was only one sack on avg every two games thus 9 sacks total on the season.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ticats+1999+sacks+allowed+record&rlz=1C1GCEA_enCA912CA912&oq=ticats+1999+sacks+allowed+record&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCjI5MjcxajBqMTWoAgiwAgE&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

1 Like

Most interesting stat on that Wiki page - Wally Zatylny with 3 punt return touchdowns in his Ticat career.

3 Likes

I can only imagine the hi-jinks and hilarity that would ensue if Wally and Stala got together…

3 Likes

Physiquement, peut-être pas, mais mentalement oui et il songeait parfois à quitter le football. Il l’a admis lui-même à quelques occasions, notamment lors d’une conversation que j’ai eue avec lui. D’arriver à Montréal a été salutaire pour lui tant sur le plan personnel que pour sa carrière.

Honnêtement, je ne crois pas qu’il aurait eu la carrière qu’il a vécue s’il était demeuré à Hamilton, et ça n’est pas du tout un jugement de valeur sur les Tiger Cats de l’époque ni sur le jugement qu’ils ont porté sur Calvillo. Le succès ou l’insuccès d’une carrière de football repose parfois sur le fait d’être au bon endroit pour soi au bon moment.

3 Likes

I meant physically as in the punishment he took in games.
I agree, I don’t believe that he would have had that success in Hamilton.

1 Like

I know Zatylny and Ken Evraire were buddies. Remember seeing them at the Westdale Theatre once acting like goofballs. Sticky was cut from the same cloth.

2 Likes

I loved Zatylny , what a character he was .

2 Likes