Blue team coaching change pool

I'll say Mon Sept 14

I'm really not sure.

Granted, Andrus seems a bit in out of his depth. . . hasn't picked up the nuances of the CFL game as quickly as did, for example, Trestman last year.

But the problems run deeper than that.

Lack of talent across the board, particularly in the receiving corps; inconsistent offensive line play; boring, predictable offensive package; misuse of talent (they get an allstar cornerback in Parker back for 2 games, and all they've used him for is returning kicks, which is not a role he excels at); poor QBing; assistant coaches and coordinators have a dearth of CFL experience, exposing Andrus even more.

Not all of that is Andrus' fault. Some of it is. . .

Add to that the fact that they are already paying Stubler not to coach, and I can see a compelling argument not to fire Andrus. . .

As a stop gap, were I to be running the show there, I'd bring in a CFL experienced offensive coordinator (Doug Berry is available), but it's probably too late in the season for that to do much good. . . hard to design and implement a totally new offensive package half way through the season. . . but at 2-7, what alternative do they have?

8) I will agree with most of your comments MadJack.
 As you stated, I can't see them firing Andrus during this season, since they are still paying 
 big bucks to Stubler, not to coach  !!!

Since Andrus is also their offensive coordinator (he calls the plays), then he has to accept a big 
 part of the blame !!

Firing Stubler half way through last season, and bringing in Don Matthews, was certainly not
  the answer to any success  !!!

The blame goes much deeper than Bart Andrus in Toronto.

Adam Rita and Greg Mohns have to accept as much blame for their teams downfall this season.

I would imagine that at the end of this season, you will see a thorough house cleaning in Toronto,
   and that would include Mr. Rita and Mr. Mohns  !!!!

That is, if the Argos fail to make the playoffs  !!!    <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->    <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

I think Berry could be next head Coach for Toronto .
I could this happen if Argos lose this friday .

If the Ticats Win In The Dome and West Teams keep winning
There little chance the 3rd Place East Team will Make the Playoffs
There going to be a Crossover and the Game will be in Hamilton .

I betting It could be Wally and his boys ..

Never mind Andrus, Rita and Mohns are behind this sad excuse for a pro football team. They have to go.

An Argo-Cat fan

And now, the spectre of Rita assuming the OC duties rears its homely head, courtesy of the Fan 590:

[url=http://fan590.com/media.jsp?content=20090908_111019_11244]http://fan590.com/media.jsp?content=200 ... 1019_11244[/url]

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Dose Rita Sound Drunk to You ???

8) No, he wasn't drunk. He sounds that way all the time !!!
  I spoke to him for a minute before the game yesterday, and he sounded the same then  !!!

By the way, it was nice at least to hear him publicly apologise to Dave Naylor (Globe & Mail Reporter),
 whom Rita and Mohns verbally assaulted in the press box at the end of the game  !!!

All Naylor did was ask Rita if Andrus's job was safe after yesterdays loss.

At least Rita apologised today, for the ugly scene that unfolded in that press box  !!!     <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

What did he say to Naylor?Just out of curiosity.

It's silly to blame Andrus, so far ive been impressed with the offence he has implemented there, it may not be lighting the league on fire but it is doing about as well as it can with the talent they have on o which is none, a horrible line, no name receivers a raw qb. Their offence is better with less talent from last year, also it's unfare to say he hasnt adapted as well as Trestman considering the team trestman inherited. Would Trestmans offence still be dominating with Picket and the no name receivers of the argos? A big no..

Yes, but it's the Bartman's fault they only have "no name receivers". He was the one who pushed out AB3 (the president's choice receiver). Thanks Count Choco!

As I said on my blog yesterday, Bart has to be a rubbish head coach when he has a worse record than Mike "Comedy" Kelly... :twisted: :twisted:

8) Both Rita and Mohns, lost control, and delivered a profanity laced verbal attack on Naylor !!
 Rita even questioned Naylors manhood  !!!    <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> 

A very ugly scene indeed, that was witnessed by a lot of people in the press box  !!   <!-- s:thdn: -->:thdn:<!-- s:thdn: -->

Maybe he was drunk then too, Tip. Wouldn't you be if you were at the helm of that sinking ship?? LOL

As for Andrus, at this rate I hope they keep him forever and ever. I hope WPG keeps Kelly too. :smiley:

I read about that horribly unprofessional outburst on Drew's blog. I was stunned.

Face it The Argos are we where 5 Years ago..
No Direction
No Players
No Mangentment

They'll well get better but 1st they need to clean house ..
Everyone in Football Ops has to be fired..
They need to start over..

Very true. I got that feeling watching the game on Monday. If they switched uniforms, I would've sworn this was 2006. I'd keep Andrus and give him a little more time and I'd keep a few players (Medlock, Robertson, Talbot, Durie, Younger, Parker) but Rita, Mohns and most of the players should go. There just isn't enough talent in the organization, top to bottom. However, the team's owners are like the Cat's Bob Young--saviours.

An Argo-Cat fan

Maybe he was drunk then too, Tip. Wouldn't you be if you were at the helm of that sinking ship?? LOL

8) You know something bg, I was going to suggest that same thing myself, but I decided to bite my
  tongue, for a change  !!!!       <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->  <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

Not sure about the date, but I'll go out on a limb with another prediction:

Ladies and gentlemen, returning as head coach of the Toronto Argos, Michael "Pinball" Clemons!

Not a Chance ... He wants to Run as Mayor Canidane for Oakvile next Fall

Oakville? You gotta be kidding me. Wouldn't he be a more noted mayoral candidate in Toronto? Then again, with George Smitherman considering running, it might be a difficult race.