Blue news for the Bombers -- Harris suspended

pretty sure that even if Harris knew he was guilty, he would still be crying real tears over how it is going to affect him beyond the two game suspension.

I've always been a fan of Canadian (National) CFL players who excel, no matter what team there on. With regard to running backs, we've had some great ones over the years: Normie Kwong, Gerry James, Ronnie Stewart, Jon Cornish, (dare I include Messam?) and more recently, Andrew Harris.

However, this latest news about Harris makes me both sad :(and angry

. It casts a pall over his accomplishments with the possibility that steroid use may have been responsible for some or all of it.

How do we get a hold of that “ contaminated? bottle of pills that Harris was taking so we can test those “ contaminated? pills themselves? Or where do we purchase these “ contaminated? supplements?
Either case, if there is any Doubting Thomas out there, we can check the source… if available!!!

Did he knowingly cheat? Likely.

Does he deserve the benefit of the doubt? Absolutely!

Innocent till proven guilty.

In the less likely event that this was unintentional, Harris ought not to be treated harshly.

When the facts are irrefutable, people deserve to be shamed publicly, but I worry about those few victims of circumstance who are then doubly victimized publicly by those who assume guilt.

I hope he is being truthful, we may never know unfortunately.
Only he knows the real truth.

Was he not proven guilty? Is that not what two drug tests did?

And why does he deserve the benefit of the doubt?

The only facts given are from his mouth. Here are the actual facts.

He tested positive for an anabolic steroid.

He claims he did not knowingly put it into his body.

The question is simple,

is he lying?

I was always a fan of Obelix. Gotta feel for a guy that fell into a cauldron of Getafix’s magic potion as a baby and was forever changed…

Then again, that magic potion certainly was “performance enhancing”…

I guess at this point it’s a credibility issue.

He’s either lying or stupid.

I don’t believe him, I find it very hard to believe that athletes that know every little thing that goes into their body would accidently take a steroid.

At this point in his career it’s too convenient.

Buy your protein from Costco. Buy supplements that are NSF approved, and there’s zero chance you test positive for anything.

At the press conference, Harris was asked by a reporter what was the “name” of the supplement that you took? He never answered that question but only said that the supplement was supposedly an all natural one and that it was purchased from an all natural health food store. Why didn’t he tell him the name of the supplement he injested?

Don’t misunderstand me, he is almost certainly lying, I just feel it’s better not to throw harsh judgement on the guy without knowing with absolute certainty.
There’s always that chance he is telling the truth, in which case I give him the benefit of the doubt.

So did Ben Johnson claim the unknowingly! So did Sharapova! So did Carl Lewis! So did Florence Joyner!
Means nothing!
I like Harris but,
Like they say, “stupidity is no excuse?!

Agreed, ignorance is not a defense, and he absolutely deserves the suspension.
As was mentioned earlier, it’s an issue of credibility.

Is Harris a cheater and a liar?

That is the unresolved issue.
I wont bring myself to assume either accusation without proof.

Nor will I drag his name through the mud on the off chance that it was a case of not being diligent to know what he is putting into his body.

Simple answer is that the “name” of the supplement that he supposedly took doesn’t exist . He might as well have said that the Steroid fairy must have waved her magic wand and sprinkled Steroid dust into his pee bottle when he wasn’t looking . It would be just as believable a statement as the BS one he gave at the presser .

LOL, other than perhaps legal reasons for not disclosing the product, this seems logical

Here's a follow up article with a little more info to consider:

Pot, meet kettle :-[

Jeff Hecht, WPG Bomber, His mouth is on steroids! :wink:

I imagine you already know, but there’s a whole PED-themed Asterix story: “Asterix at the Olympic Games”, first published in 1968.

When listing drug cheats, please be sure to include Marion Jones, possibly the biggest hypocrite of all.

And I don’t think Flo-Jo was ever actually caught, though she was accused by many insiders and at her peak was suspiciously ripped and vascularized for a supposedly “natty” female.

I own a copy of it.

Guilty as charged. His urine sample was tested twice. Did someone switch samples, NFL not fricking likely.