Blue Jays and MLB 2020

Oh man they sure are fun to watch. . .

Travel...do you have any concerns about Vladdy Jr?

I worry a bit about that he hasn't gotten in better shape-still overweight.
Swings at everything...his .255 average would jump to .300 in a heartbeat if he would take some walks

And he lost his 3B job.

Sure hits the ball hard tho.

My concerns are with the injuries

Bichette,Teoscar, Tellez at first just went down with injury
(does that put Vlady on 1st again?)

Question?
If (and that is a BIG IF)The Jays end up in the World series would Trudeau open up Sky Dome or make them play in Buffalo?

No fans would be able to attend anyway so imagine they would stay in Buffalo.

I think you are personalizing this too much. It's not Trudeau's call.
Anyway I think they stay put in Buff.

There's been talk before on having a bubble for the playoffs. Say the 2 LA stadiums since they're close by the weather won't be an issue.

Weather would certainly not be an issue in the dome and Toronto did excellent with the NHL bubble

That won't happen I am afraid. California leads the nation in cases and that's quite the hotbed for the spread now.

It would have to be a less congested area with less density of population to make a bubble work, or perhaps they head to Florida or Arizona, though hot spots, to sequester though with major league facilities.

I agree Vladdy has been swinging at balls he shouldn't be swinging at. In the minors he took a ton of walks and was very patient at the plate. I always assumed that he would end up being a DH most of the time. Mind you he did get his first stolen base the other night. lol

https://www.mlb.com/bluejays/news/vlad-guerrero-jr-first-career-stolen-base

As for the injuries this week bad news Rowdy goes on the IL but this weekend Bichette and Giles should be back.

1 Like

It appears the Blue Jays would have to finish in 1st place to host a playoff series.
It is still possible

While the league is still working out details with the MLBPA, the World Series will be played at the Texas Rangers new stadium, Globe Life Field, in Arlington.

The first round of the playoffs, which includes eight teams from each league, will take place at the top seed's home ballpark, Kepner adds. However, teams move to neutral sites beyond the first round.

Earlier reports indicated two separate playoff bubbles - like the NHL - housing the two leagues, with the National League playing across two ballparks in southern California and the American League playing in Texas. That would mean the home of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Angels, and San Diego Padres could be in the running to host Senior Circuit clubs, while the Junior Circuit would play at Globe Life Field and Minute Maid Park - the Houston Astros home field

1 Like

HUGE 3 game series in NY against the Yankees starting today.
FACT - of the 13 remaining games we have left to play
7 are against the Yankees
Pretty much will determine if the Jays make the playoffs or not

I think the Yankees got the HUGE games memo from you Grover.

Holy smokes! 19 home runs in the three game series (an MLB record) including 3 home runs back to back to back on three consecutive pitches in the bottom of the 4th tonight. They added two more home runs that inning too for a total of 5 home runs in one inning! Bronx Bombers indeed!

43 - 15 over the 3 games.

We are still pretty solid into the Wild card spot

But we need to win a few

It's great to see with all the delays that they found a way at least there in the American League to even up the total number of games played.

WoooHoooo, Bluejays win and Yankees lost today! :baseball:

1 Like

Jays are hosting a 4 game home stand with the Yankees in Buffalo
Jays won yesterday 11-5, :+1:t2:
their magic number to make the playoffs is now 3 with 6 games remaining

1 Like

Jays lost, :disappointed_relieved:
BUT
Mariners also lost, :grin:
so our magic number drops to 2

5 games remain for both teams, If Jays get 1 win and Mariners lose 1 we are in the playoff and probably play Tampa in a 3 game series in Tampa starting Tuesday next week.

1 Like