Blue Bombers statement on rec Kenny Lawler

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have issued the following statement regarding receiver Kenny Lawler:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/10/04/blue-bombers-statement-rec-kenny-lawler/

I support the Winning Football Club for the game suspension also pleased to hear Mr. Lawler agreed to seek assistance.

2 Likes

Everyone makes mistakes. That's how we learn.

Good luck Kenny. Get some help. :expressionless:

1 Like

Best of luck Kenny Lawler, look forward to your quick return to the powerful Bombers receiving core. :astonished:

1 Like

I can see the moniker now - Kenny Lawless. Joking but serious offense and offence for the week!

1 Like

Thos roughriders and bombers are always drinking and driving there a danger to there cities. Bad boy...bad

Disappointed to hear this, Kenny was having a great start to the season but hopefully will learn from his mistake. Curious to see if this is Naaman Roosevelt's opportunity to get in the line up Friday?

1 Like

I agree, great opportunity for Naanman. If the CFL doesn't impose additional vacation time, should be a 1and done,
Take a taxi next time you drink.

2 Likes

So was he drunk or just over the "legal limit", there's a big difference.

[quote="WeGotTheCup, post:8, topic:73748"]

I agree, great opportunity for Naanman. If the CFL doesn't impose additional vacation time, should be a 1and done,
Take a taxi next time you drink.

[/quotet

Yeah, don't twist an ankle climbing down off your high horse.

Excuse me. I'm unsure what you're inferring. Climbing down off my high horse

There is not a big difference, you have obviously not lost a loved on to a person operating a motor vehicle over the legal limit. The CFL terminates a player for misrepresenting his vaccination status and for this criminal offense ALL the players that get this charge have been getting a one game suspension. SHAME ON THE CFL. As part of the Code of Conduct, these professionals should be sent packing if they get a criminal charge of any kind. I think it is time for MADD to be asked for a statement.

1 Like

I'm sorry for your loss,

I hope MADD reaches out to the Winnipeg football club and arrange a meeting.

I've lost a co-worker years ago, our company made arrangements with Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) as well as MADD to attend our safety meetings.
Both were a great help.

Please take care.

So... no opportunity to learn from his mistake? No opportunity for redemption no matter how close to the legal limit he might have been? Shall we ruin him for life just to make a statement here? :thinking:

I don't support the Blue Bombers' action. I stand foursquare behind the principle that a man IS innocent until convicted in a court of law. The Bombers should instead wait until after his day in court before deciding on their response.

:unamused:

1 Like

So a charge equates to a conviction in your book? You prefer a Soviet style system to our own system of jurisprudence in which the presumption of innocence is the cornerstone and a fundamental protection for the individual against malicious prosecution by the State?

I call people like you "fascists".

:rage:

2 Likes

Not even funny. I have had family killed by drunk drivers.

2 Likes

I'd say drunk driving is a more serious offence than not taking the vaxx. Yet the cfl still allows him to stick around. No ban on him playing for other teams.

Very fair point

3 Likes

Certainly people out of the league for alot less. Hello Christian Jones and Jacob Ruby.

1 Like

Kenny I am sorry to read about your current troubles and I’m extremely happy no one was injured. Because of your job this is going to be trouble no matter what you blew over… that’s what you pay to play a game for a living. Live and Learn… and get vaccinated because that can also save a life. I have no idea why we are talking about vaccination with blowing over in this?