Blue Bombers sign Pac Man Jones

Blue Bombers sign Adam "Pac Man" Jones to a 1 year contract......

I love this signing, Good for the Bombers, and good for the league...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
8) Wow !!! Apparently it's true.
  Jones has reportedly signed a 1 year deal with Winnipeg !!!

He feels that this is his best move, at this time, to eventually get an offer from an NFL team  !!!

At least this will bring lots of publicity for the CFL, down in the USA  !!!      <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I bet the bars in Winnepeg are excited!!!

Can somebody provide a link to the story with some meat on it?

All I know about him is that he is a former NFL player
who has been shunted to the curb for some reason.

The reasons:

[url=http://bumpshack.com/2007/03/02/pacman-jones-criminal-record/]http://bumpshack.com/2007/03/02/pacman- ... al-record/[/url]

Think you mean the strip clubs…

That article says that in October of 2008 he was suspended indefinitely from NFL. Did he retire or are we taking their trash again. I don't understand why we keep allowing their criminals into our country. They certainly wouldn't allow our criminals down there.

We’re taking their trash again. It may indeed cause a few people in the US to take notice of the CFL, but for all the wrong reasons. It does nothing to elevate the stature of the CFL. Instead, it reinforces the impression that we gladly take players with proven bad character. Bad idea.

I couldn’t agree more. I thought they put in a rule that we couldn’t bring in suspended players from the NFL. Just because someone has talent, doesn’t mean they are good for the team. Good luck to the Bombers. The 3 ring circus continues over there.

This is what I was thinking.
So…how ordinary will this “NFL star” look up here? Hope he likes sub-zero temperatures and 80km/h wind…not exactly what he gets playing for the Titans.

Here is a rap sheet look at all of Pacman’s brushes with the law since joining the NFL’s Tennessee Titans:

July 13, 2005- Arrested and charged with assault and felony vandalism after a nightclub altercation. This began Pacman Jones NFL rap sheet. He already had a lengthy one from high school and college.

September 5, 2005- Adam was invited to attend the Nashville Sports Council Kickoff Luncheon. Jones went off on a verbal tirade while being told to wait for his car after the event. He then refused to tip the valet service.

October 2005- State of West Virginia filed a petition stating that Jones had not been contacting his probation officer and that he had not reported his July 2005 arrest. The judge extended the probation for just 90 days.

March 23, 2006- Charged with marijuana possession in Fayetteville, Georgia. He went on to claim that he knew how to beat the NFL’s drug test.

August 25, 2006- Arrested for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after being ordered by the cops to leave a Murfreesboro night club several times. Jones claimed a woman stole his wallet. The woman claimed that Jones spat on her. The judge in the case gave Pacman six months probation and told him to stay away from the club.

October 26, 2006- Jones was issued a citation for misdemeanor assault after a female student from Tennessee State University claimed that Jones spit in her face at a Nashville night club.

Feburary 19, 2007- The facts are disputed and no charges have been made yet, but Jones was in the middle of a fight and shooting at a strip club in Las Vegas that left one man paralyzed and two more wounded. The fight broke out after Jones showered strippers on stage with $81,000 dollars. The club owner claims Jones was beating a strippers head against the bar while claiming to kill one of the club’s employees.

January 3, 2008- Pacman is accused of punching Wanda S. Jackson in the face at an Atlanta strip club called the Body Tap Strip Club. Jackson says Jones reached over the counter and sucker punched her in her left eye.

October 8, 2008- Jones got into an alcohol related incident which turned into a physical confrontation with bodyguards that had been assigned to him by the Dallas Cowboys. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has suspended Jones indefinitely for the second time in his NFL career.

The above time line doesn’t include his sentence of one year in prison for a bar fight in Morgantown, West Virginia while in college. The sentence was later suspended in exchange for two years of probation (because he is a really good football player).

I’d sign him in a heart beat though.

An Argo-Cat fan

Looks like the Bombers are tapping into the mentality of the blew team!!

Sounds like he's got a penchant for taking shots at girls.....gee, what a tough guy. I think they better keep a pretty short leash on this guy.

My question is...how does an American, with a rap sheet like this, even get a work visa to work up here???

Kelley's Hero's.

Pac Man, Armstead etc.:

An "Obie is standing still,"
"Obie isnt doing enough to improve the team",
"why isnt Obie signing anyone?"
thread(s) in 5...4...3...2...

Absolutely horrible signing by the Bombers and brutal black eye for the CFL. Mike Kelly is a pathetic and desperate head coach. I cant believe the Bomber nation is being subjected to this.

The guy is a proven gangster. Thanks for bringing the USA’s trash across the border. I have no intention of attending the Bombers next game in Hamilton or watching them on TV again this year.

Just when I thought the CFL was figuring things out…

When 30 teams in the NFL say “No WAY” to a 26 year old with Pro Bowl talent…that tells you all you need to know about the guy! Nuff Said

The zingers will really be flying behind the Bombers bench come Thanksgiving Day!! The problem is, who do you start with....Pacman, Baldy Kelly or Pantload Brown...etc.etc.?

I feel sorry for the bummer fans.

Why?, they certainly had a good time kicking us while we were down!

Don’t feel too sorry for them, their reaction on ob.com is pretty positive at this point.