Blocked!

when was the last time someone from Hamilton blocked a field goal, convert or punt? and when was the last time it was returned for a TD?

Since Gerald Vauhgn (a personal favourite) left town,blocking kicks has happened by accident and not design.Good question though....what has happened to our NOT so special teams?

You can ask the question "When was the last time" to a lot of things in reference to the Cats.
I can't remember the last trick play returning a kick.
I can't remember the last reverse on offense
I can't remember going all out to block a punt
I can't remember the last important game the team won
But, I also can't remember being this excited about a new coach...since Frank Kush. Boy I am feeling old with that one!

dj blocked a punt last year but after that i cant rember

i remeber that

I remember the last time a trick play worked! didnt we do a Flea-Flicker which result in a DF touchdown last year?

I think Beveridge had one a couple years back.

Didn't Hitch block one in Edm this year that was returned for a TD?

I don't remember the year. Montreal drives in the final minute and scores a touchdown to tie the game. We had them beat and blew it - now all they have to do is kick a convert with no time on the clock to win the game.

I am in an absolute rage. I can't remember who's fault it was (coachs, refs, Adrion Smith, etc;). I am so mad.

As I go to flip off the TV, Montford gets a big hand on the ball and blocks the kick! It was unbelievable. When do converts get blocked? Ever? Montford does it.

And then somebody on the Alouettes picks up the live ball and runs it in for 2 points and the win.

I think you're confusing two different games.

Montford blocked a Montreal field goal (about a 30-yarder) that would have won the game for them, I think either in '98 or '99.

Around the 94-96 era, I think we had a 30-24 lead on Edmonton in the last few seconds, with the Eskimos around midfield, and Gizmo Williams got behind the coverage and caught a TD pass over in front of the wheelchair section to tie it.
Then somebody managed to block the extra point, but it bounced right to Glen Harper (the holder) and he ran it in for the winning 2 points.

I remember about 4-5 years ago in a game in montreal Jarret Smith blocked a punt and took it for a touchdown in the final 2 minutes the cats lost by 3 8)

Clifford Ivory used to do it all the time.
He's available now...

I think you're confusing two different games.

Montford blocked a Montreal field goal (about a 30-yarder) that would have won the game for them, I think either in '98 or '99.

Around the 94-96 era, I think we had a 30-24 lead on Edmonton in the last few seconds, with the Eskimos around midfield, and Gizmo Williams got behind the coverage and caught a TD pass over in front of the wheelchair section to tie it.
Then somebody managed to block the extra point, but it bounced right to Glen Harper (the holder) and he ran it in for the winning 2 points.

Thank you JFL. It is a little clearer. I could have sworn it was an away game though as I haven't missed too many at home in the past 34 years. But, there is also 15 Grey Cups in there and that tends to....fuzzy....the....mind.

I am going to do some archival research tonite and see if I can get a definative answer.

This link seems to be about the Montreal game, but I thought it was at Ivor Wynne. Maybe there was another one with the same outcome.

http://canoe.ca/Football98Games/jul23_ham_mtl.html

I guess I was right. It did happen twice.
The one I was thinking of was in 2001:
(scroll down a bit for the summary and ignore the 404 error at the top)

http://pocket.usatoday.com/sports/scores101/101273/101273356.htm

Good Sluething JFL. I looked up the Edmonton/blocked convert/Glenn Harper game in an old CFL Record Manual last night. The pain came flooding back. It was 1994. One more win and we make the playoffs that year. Instead, Ottawa gets the last spot with a 4-14 record.

I remember the final game in Hamilton against Sask. Adrion Smith dropped an interception right in his hands and Sask. knocked us out of the playoffs. 14-12 I think.

I think this was also the year the prompted the "cross over rule". 4-14 Ottawa makes the playoffs but 9-8-1 Sacramento doesn't.

I remember that too. Gale-force west-to-east wind, the whole 4th quarter seemingly being played in our end as we couldn't move the ball against it, clinging to a slim lead. It was only a matter of time until the 'riders got in FG range, and McCallum wins it in the last minute. Fans go out on the field, a couple of them climb the goalposts, not knowing whether that would be the last Ticat game they ever get to see.

Oh... Blocked a kick! I thought you said broke wind...