BLACKOUTS

I JUST HAVE A QUESTION IN BC DOES THE ENTIRE PROV. HAVE THE BLACKOUT? NOW WHY WHY WHY DO THEY DO IT IN SASK. STUPIDEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN NOW I AM STARTING TO HOPE THAT THE RIDERS HAVE NO HOME GAMES EVER SO I CAN ACCUALLY WATCH A GAME

OMG!!! I CANT BELIEVE THEY BLACKED OUT OUT!!! THERE IDIOTS

you might black out this shit kicking...for you rider fans of course

If ya wanna see the game, buy a ticket.

the only people that have an arguement when it comes to blackouts are the ones that live no where near the stadium. If you live close but are just too cheap to go to the game you will have to live with it.

Rider fans don't buy tickets. They sit at home, waiting to watch the game for free, so that their beloved Riders don't get any of their money. Then they p.iss and moan about blackouts. Then, they boast to anyone that will listen about how they are the "best" and most "loyal" fans. Those thousands of empty seats in a tiny stadium are evidence of that.

learn to say a sentence and nice name

i live 4 1/2 hours away from regina

where do u live football?

its like winnipeg blacked out for winn but a hour outside unblocked i am just saying why not for SK

If i lived in Regina i would have season tix

ya thats what I'm sayng you have a reason to be upset you are far from the stadium.

its called some people work and dont live in regina and its hard togo to some of the games, i think there shouldnt be any blackouts.

well if you cant go to games because you work then how are you going to watch on TV?

thanks for agreein blue

np

I'm with wildeyes on this one.....if I lived in Regina, I'd have season tix in a heartbeat.

Yes, there should be blackouts. The only question should be how far they cover.

Personally, I think it should cover about 200 k from the stadium, give or take.

Blackouts nearly killed the league twenty years ago. I can't believe this league is still hiding its product from those who live near the stadiums: those people represent the teams' primary market.

Go ahead and defend the blackout if you want, but five years from now when all your friends are laughing at you because you're a CFL fan, don't come crying to me. Don't say it won't happen, because it did. The league is finally getting over that negative image, and people want to go back to those days.

The CFL may not be so lucky next time.

i would be down with that now lets get the leauge on this

Damn straight Big Dave.. the blackout is the stupidest idea they can possibly come up with.. Someone who has just moved to your city and never seen your team play is not going to be interested in parting with their hard earned money to go see them in person, but if they could see them on TV a handful of times, see how exciting the product is, and how great a venue whichever stadium is.. maybe they would say "Know what, that looks like it's worth 30$"

TV is what makes sports go. If you ignore TV, you're only going to go straight down, this is why the very biggest leagues - such as the NFL and NBA - don't black out games.. they're smart enough to know that all the fans they're going to earn by showing them the games on TV will far outweigh how many they could force to come by depriving them of a TV feed. And think about this for a second - if I'm a casual fan who doesn't want to take the time or spend the 20$ to go to a game, but I still like football, I can get really into my team from the comfort of my living room, and then snap up merchandise when I start to get excited about their chances - a 50$ cap here, a 100$ jersey there.. cripes.. they're so shortsighted it's ludicrous.

Rant over.

Wait a second there! So Regina didn't sell out. What maybe 25000 fans? Well look at the Eskies who had just over 35000 for the game against BC on Friday (and yes the stadium looked pitiful with the 20000 empty seats). Edmonton has what, 3-4 times the population of Regina and with lots more disposable cash. Now tell me who is more loyal! With your logic I should have expected the Eskie game to draw at least 75000 fans.

Nice try, crygary4life, but once again you need to be bailed out by an adult, lest you lead people astray with your ignorance. The NFL DOES have blackouts, as can be clearly read in this link. ALL NFL games are blacked out locally, unless it is sold out at least 72 hours before kickoff. Were you listening to your imaginary friend again, to get your facts? He really doesn't know as much as you might think. I know you think you are smart when you quote him here, but actually, once again, you are wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9037345