Blackout Night

The New Zealand All Blacks are the best rugby team in the world, and I'm sure there'll be a more than a few AB jerseys in the crowd. Heres hope the Cat's can draw on some of the AB mystique. They should do a Haka, that would be cool.

Go Cats!

Fans all in Black? wont this confuse Maas?

Now that is a good idea!

Now now, don’t be nasty!

Not nasty…just curious

It's been blackout night for the past five weeks. How about somebody turning on the lights!

Boy it’s starting to get difficult here with my boycott; I’d really like to see this “black out” night farce go down; but I guess I’ll just have to read about it in the paper…

Cheapest promotion.....ever. :roll:

This is a perfect example of being insulting and trolling.

Tell us why you don’t like the idea. Don’t just come on and slam management for absolutely no reason. It’s wholly inappropriate. It serves no purpose.

Why?

What’s cheap about it?

It cost 0$ to put on as a promotional night

Not when the give-a-way is 20,000 foam hammers.

Obviously it's not costing nothing to do what's described in the Black Out Announcement.

Even if it is, why the rolling eyes? This kind of stuff is done all the time by other teams and other sports.

Sounds like a fun theme that's adds a little flavour to the night. Makes it a little more memorable and distinguishable for other nights.

Why roll your eyes?

I agree, it sounds like fun and a good way to show support for the team. I don’t know if this factored into the decision but psychological studies show that teams wearing black play more aggressively than teams wearing other colours. On the downside, these same studies also indicate that teams wearing black take more penalities than teams wearing other colours. Could be trouble considering that we are already the most penalized team in the league.!! Given the black theme and the need to pay back Winnipeg, this is going to be a hard hitting game reminicent of the good old days. Go Cats!!

I guess it applies if you wear white or yellow too. :wink:

I seem to recall studies which confirm a person in opposition displays more aggressiveness when confronted with black. eg. Prisoners are less trouble if cells are painted yellow or pink. Maybe black sports team uniforms are actually working against the wearers? :smiley:

Personally, I'll be wearing the same black Ticat jersey I always wear.....so nothing changes for me....but it is kind of an odd idea considering how hot it is outside.

I don't think it's going to work very well.

C'mon! This is Hamilton.

Hamiltonians are supposed to be tough.

The players are wearing black. All black.

Besides, kickoff isn't until 7:30.

I work in an environment that adds 10-20 degrees to an already scorching day and the physical exertion is more than most jobs, to come home and put on something black so I can roast on the north side doesn't get me all excited.....but if black is the dress code so be it....just gimme a win and I'll wear friggin saran wrap.

^^^

How can we lose with spirit like that!

That's what I'm talkin' about !

Way to go canucklehead!