Black given the boot

Jake Ireland, without a doubt should retire, his best games are definately behind him and many think they weren’t that good.

Despite making one of the worst calls in league history, Andre Proulx could be a good ref, if he learns that nobody is paying to see him.

I'd love to see what you guys say when their replacements are worse. Of course, probably nothing because you don't have to answer to anybody except others on this forum. It's not like YOUR job is threatened. So it's really easy to sit back in your Barcalounger and be critical of the guys out on the field and call for them to lose THEIR jobs.

Firing is NOT the answer. You don't throw away years of experience and dedication. Why? Because you make it harder to fill those jobs with quality people when you can make no promise of loyalty and dedication in return for the same - especially when you are looking for part-timers who will spend a good portion of the life training to get to the top of their craft, only to be possibly fired at the whim of disgruntled fans for calls or having a personality they don't like.

One rule I would set for refs is that they are forbidden from ever reading this forum.

George was a good official IMO and did a good job as Director. The powers that be probably didn't like him talking to the ticket buying public so much.
Got to keep those people in the dark so they won't critize the refs too much.

Wait till they see the guys that officiate my Grandson’s games! :roll: :roll: :roll: One has a white beard so long (Looks like Santa Claus) who we’ve nicknamed dopey, because he makes up rules as he goes along.He throws about thirty holding calls a game! We have a couple of real heavy weights, one has had a mustard stain on his jersey all year long!

I’ll take what we have in the CFL thank you!