Black eyed crap

I don't mind the half time show, they should have Trooper next year...... or the guess who since it's in the peg and they're from there.

Instead of having no talent, hip Hop crap for a half-time show (You all remember the Janet Jackson-Justin Timberlake fiasco of a few years ago at the Super Bowl), bring somebody in with some actual talent who plays their own instruments, writes their own music, and SINGS their own songs. I have a few suggestions such as Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band, Eric Clapton, Dave Matthews Band, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, U2, or anyone else who actually possesses some talent.
The Super Bowl had Paul McCartney and his band on at the Super Bowl the year after the Janet jackson-Justin Timberlake fiasco, and he was great as usual.

I'd love to see DMB there but that won't happen (I'm actually watching them on storytellers right now). But I think they could do better than the Black-eyed Peas. I do realize they were trying to bring in new fans but they left the old die-hard fans in the dust with that move.

I can tell you many young people like myself hated the halftime show. almost everybody I know hates hip hop and rap... they're all 14-20.....

Hey the Black eyed Peas would say, "Where is the Love?" Definately not on this board. They talk about unity. I guess we're united in saying that performance sucked. I would rather have watched that stupid queer guy on the CFL commercials and Paul Martin mud wrestle.

haha, true.

SHOULD have sing ''DON'T LIE"

well, if they perfrom in the Super Bowl, CFL fans will have something to brag about.

All you needed to do, was flip over to Much More Music. DMB was on Storytellers. A little Ant’s Marching, American Baby, Too Much, Where are You Going, it was excellent. I couldn’t agree with you guys more. If this is the biggest show in Canada, than get some of the biggest names.

NO MORE TROOPER, THE HIP, SHANIA, or the Guess Who. They have all played the Grey Cup at least two times each. It doesn’t have to be Canadian to be good, although there is great Canadian talent out there.

It’s nice to see the younger generation turning away from Hip Hop and Rap, and realizing what true talent is. I could never understand the attraction to Rap anyways.

How about Burton Cummings? Guess Who?

I hate Rap! Didn’t like yesterdays half time show. Was glad Mrs Sportsmen needed help with the hors d’horves and didn’t have to watch that crap.

The Guess Who were at the 2000 Grey Cup, and were totted out on a flatbed truck. It was hilarious... and you couldn't hear anything.

I think that people actually from the city should be the ones in the half-time show. Showcase the city's own talent - show folks in other parts of Canada the local scene. They could have some pre-game rock show with a sh*t-load of people, and then have the lot of 'em do a set together. Vancouver could've had a bijillion different bands there - Bif Naked, 54-40, Bryan Adams, Spirit of the West, Delerium and D.O.A. come to mind.

Here's a thought: the CFL spends a lot of time and money telling fans across this country they should be proud of the Canadian Game, because hey, it's CANADIAN.

Well, CFL, you can bite me arse. If you think so little of Canadian talent that you can't find a Canadian group to play in the biggest showcase in Canada, then you deserve to be considered second-rate.

Whoever made the decision to import an AMERICAN group to perform in our national championship ought to be fired and replaced with someone who respects Canada.

talentless wrap crap or what ever the H that was, I had to shut it off............

I can add Canadian Content! I'll dump my recycling box of tin cans down the stairs screamin my latest rap lyricsat the top of my lungs......

My name is Bo
I like Sno
I beat my head,
With a loaf of bread
Then I changed my name to Fred.

Sign me up...I'll come sing in Winnipeg!

I have no opinion about the quality or style of the performance; it is what it is. But the Black Eyed Peas are not Canadian, and with so many talented Canadian artists out there, to hire Americans is a slap in the face. Again, if the CFL wants ME to support the league because it's Canadian, then their hypocrisy is stunning.

hmmmmmmmm and here I was worried it was just me who thought they sucked..............I don't think it just has to be canadian artist........I heard that the Rolling Stones were in Seatle and they tried to get them...........to bad that would have been cool

For my second song......recorded with the snow plow in the background going by.......

I took a whim
Just watch me swim.
Until I got attacked by bee,
running smack into a tree.
Do wa baby oh ya ya ya.

See just as good as Black eyed, with a Canadian flavour!

See, I don't get that. WHY doesn't it have to be a Canadian artist? Explain to me why we should use our national celebration to highlight foreign talent. Give me one good reason.

Is it because Canadian talent sucks? Sorry, not buying. There is a TON of great talent out there from every province in this country. Are Americans that much better? Sorry ... that's crap. Five Canadian women combined for over a billion dollars in record sales in the past few years.

So ... tell me why. I challenge anyone here to come up with a good reason to have anyone other than Canadians at centre field on Grey Cup Day. Not just "Well, I like the Dave Matthews Band". That may well be, but maybe some folks don't. So .. WHY NOT CANADIANS?

What a BUNCH OF CLOSE MINDED HILLBILLIES !!

Like it or not, if the CFL is going to GROW and continue this RESURGENCE ... it will NEED AMERCAN VIEWERS ..... GET IT !! ??

Kudos to the Grey Cup committee that CLEARLY saw the BIG PICTURE !

And by the way DUMBa$$es they do play their own instruments !!

It is called the NEW MILLENIUM .... JOIN IT !!

Peace.

It is TRULY SAD that many of you cannot recognize SHOWMANSHIP, POSITIVE ENERGY, and FUN in a musical performance.

I was at the game yesterday, and although I did not enjoy the Half Time show, one thing will remain true no matter what. Music is universal, much like sportsmanship. It has nothing to do with being "Canaidian" or "American". It has everything to do with being "HUMAN" and non "CLOSED MINDED", something I might add Canadians are known for, now don't let the rest of the country down with your negativity.